No video shows up on my computer I installed everything and hooked it all up, and when i open the program all i get is a black fuzzy screen and no sound. anybody know if i am doing something wrong?
asked by Amazon Customer on December 12, 2008
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 answers
A
vote
Were you able to correct your problem? Is your OS Vista 32 bit?
Calaray answered on January 17, 2009

A
vote
In the setup for EasyGrabber the default video format did not default to a format that works. The NTSC_M format worked for me on both Win 7 and XP. Many of the other formats will give you a blank screen with audio.
David Hein answered on July 20, 2011

A
votes
I have the same problem, but my screen is completely black. How did you resolve your issues?
T. Spence answered on January 7, 2009

A
votes
Nope. The thing is sitting in a plastic bag in a box at the top of my closet.

I have yet to buy a different product.

I'm using Win XP.
T. Spence answered on January 17, 2009

A
votes
Check your connections, try a different set of wires. Make sure (if connected to a DVD/VCR) your sending the signal "out" and not have your connections in the "in."

Also, be aware that using an S-video cable is just for video. You still need the red and white component wires to get the sound! Simple mistakes!
David Guzman answered on December 16, 2010

A
votes
This is the second video converter I have purchased/tried and I have had the exact same problem on both which may suggest that the problem is with Directx or Windows (windows 7- 32 bit in my case). None of the fixes above (and elsewhere on the internet) work for me. I have two video recorders and both play the tapes through the TV monitor okay (that's the stand alone TV monitor I am using to position the tape, not the computer vdu). Videograbber picks up the soundtrack on both but always produces a completely black screen on the preview screen on the computer. It records a black screen.
When I press the 'one touch' recording button I get a windows error saying 'one touch video capture has stopped working' goes away and fails to find a solution.
This has happend with Magix videowanger AND videograbber. The Magix videowanger was functioning okay a few months ago but will not not now work and so that's why I went out and bout the Videograbber but that gives the same problem. I have messed with the settings up and down until I am blue in the face but the problem persists. Why is it so difficult just to copy one's old VHS tapes? I think it's made difficult due to copyright protection. I looked into buying a vhs to dvd combo to transfer my old movies but just in time found out that most of them use proprietary DVD encoding (monopolistic tencencies again) which means regular software won't rip them because the codecs are imposible to get so you can't transfer the DVD to your computer and edit it. This format business is an absolute scandal. No wonder people are protesting about SOPA....
bibliotechabooks answered on February 6, 2012

A
votes
I am currently using Vista 32 bit, and am unable to find where the video is on my computer after it records. It appears to be working fine, and I can see it recording with the time counting. Can anyone help me?
thanks in advance
Marianne Hay answered on March 10, 2012

A
votes
As David Hein says, change the Default video format to NTSC_M format, if you are in the US. As I understand it, PAL and Secam are not standard for US format.
Thoughtful Reviewer answered on May 14, 2012

A
votes
I just got mine today and have exactly same problem. rinning win 7, 64 bit.
thomas n hartley answered on June 16, 2012

A
votes
Hmm, mine did that when I accidentally plugged it into the Input rather than the Output on my VCR. And once when I forgot to turn on said VCR. Oops! LOL
Belinda Berkemeijer answered on March 28, 2009
‹ Previous   1   Next ›