How do you view it inside the car, do you need additional hardware?
asked by randy on January 31, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 answers
A
Yes, you need to have some kind of screen in the car capable of taking the camera input. This could be built-in/nav screen or a third-party add on (e.g., DVD) screen.
Saro M answered on January 31, 2013
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have a monitor for my rear view mirror. All works great together.
cHRIS answered on January 31, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes Randy, you will need a display. I used a 4.3 inch TFT display from Amazon and had excellent results. Check my other reviews for the exact model I used. It had a 480x272 resolution display, the brand was SecuityIng and It cost $26.55. All of the cables you will need are included and it is very easy to hook up. The most difficult part of the installation will be finding the proper power wires in the car to interface with. A volt/ohm meter will help with this. I hope this information is helpful to you.
MAGstar answered on January 31, 2013
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Sarojani is right. In my case I connected it to the rearview camera input on an aftermarket Pioneer Navigation unit.
S. Mathis answered on January 31, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Ok are u saying you don't have an indash monitor or are u wanting to use the camera inside?
Adam Baldwin answered on January 31, 2013

A
You need a screen capable of taking composite input inside your car.
Netham answered on January 31, 2013

A
The camera is wired easily to your reverse light wiring for power and chassis ground can be attached anywhere to body of vehicle. The video connection is a standard RCA (Banna Plug) connection just like the audio connection on the back of a stereo reciever like in your house. This RCA connector can be connected to a small monior placed in the vehicle or if you have radio with a screen on that accepts video input... it can be plugged into the video connection in the back of the stereo. When you place the vehicle in reverse the camera is powered by the rear reverse light turning on... this automatically makes the video on the stereo swtch to video mode until you shift to a different gear selection like drive. This is the best way to configure your installation. Otherwise you have to turn on an external small monitor to see the video. Works best with stereo that has a built in video screen... small or large screen works on either one.
starlock answered on January 31, 2013

A
It does require some type of video monitor. I have mine connected to the video input port on my GPS. The camera also requires 12V for power to operate. It is best to connect to the backup light so it only operates when the vehicle is in reverse.
slgval answered on January 31, 2013

A
it depends on your radio. I got this as a gift for someone but just get a copy of the owners manual for your radio and check how to set up a camera.
Jon Hines answered on January 31, 2013

A
Yes, you will need something to plug it into to view. Mine is plugged into my Edge Tuner's color touch screen.
jsw answered on January 31, 2013
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product