Customer Discussions > Diablo III - PC/Mac forum

I am waiting for Amazon's Diablo 3 promotion.

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-23 of 23 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 24, 2012 6:24:30 PM PDT
Joe says:
Newegg had one a week or two ago but i didn't jump on it because it's either Amazon or midnight release.

Thumbs up for Amazon to have a Diablo 3 promotion!!!!!!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 24, 2012 6:39:59 PM PDT
I agree! I was really surprised that there were no bonuses offered- not even a $5 Amazon credit or something that seems to be offered with a lot of other games. The release date is coming up quick (but not quick enough- haha!) so hopefully that will add something. It would be nice... but honestly as long as I get the game on the release date I'll still be more than happy!

Posted on Apr 24, 2012 9:31:44 PM PDT
Kim H. Chen says:
When i first started using Amazon, they had a lot of promotions for video games. I remember even when the PC version of MW2 was $60, they had a $20 gift card bonus, but that was the last of that. At most there will be a $10 gift card for $60 games or nothing, or cheap useless pre-order bonuses. Still, amazon still supplies the best service i have ever had, and i will buy it Amazon. I saw that promotion on Newegg, but i will still rather buy on Amazon, thought maybe i should have got it from newegg because i lost a bet, and have to buy 2 extra copies. Hopefully there will be some kind of promotion though, but SCII did not get one.

Posted on Apr 24, 2012 10:13:19 PM PDT
X. Li says:
I got on the Newegg deal for $50 and canceled my Amazon order, but if they do offer some promotion in the end I'll switch back, but I doubt it since it's a Blizzard game and they feel like they don't need promotions to sell this game.

Posted on Apr 25, 2012 11:48:33 AM PDT
I really have no idea why there is no D3 promotion with Amazon. Amazon is my etailer of choice and Diablo 3 is a HUGE release.

Newegg had the $10 promotion and some other stores are offering awesome goodies (steelbook from Future Shop), even Best Buy is giving you a discount on the guide if you pre-order the game from them.

Will Amazon really not have any promotions?

Posted on Apr 25, 2012 11:58:46 AM PDT
GyozaSauce says:
I'm only preordering from AMA cause I have $40 reward credit, otherwise I'd gone with somewhere else.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2012 1:31:31 PM PDT
Grumbler says:
It was put up as a gold box deal for me, 5% off the regular price for the pre order. This was a month or so ago.

Posted on Apr 26, 2012 4:18:54 AM PDT
Geomancer says:
Amazon will only offer a deal if another retailer does, a permanent deal.

Newegg was a limited time coupon, they won't match that.

And Amazon has never offered a discount for buying a guide with a game.

The "deal" I'm getting from amazon is:
1) Bought it under a gold box quick pick for 5% off ($3)
2) Free Release date delivery (no gas money spent, I have Prime)
3) No sales tax

Total savings, using a gallon of gas, $10.75. And that's $10.75 of instant savings, not future savings. Beats out every offer I've seen so far.

Posted on Apr 26, 2012 5:19:31 AM PDT
wo.... a gallon of gas is $10.75? Where do you live!?

That said I agree, I'm personally getting the digital version from blizzard, so it saves me gas as well since my closest game store is 15 miles away =/

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 26, 2012 6:28:39 AM PDT
Shanghaied says:
I know there are places in the UK where petrol is approaching 2.00 pounds per liter.

After currency/ unit of measure conversions that roughly translates to around $10.00 per gallon.

My sympathy goes to anyone paying that much. We think we have it hard in the US, but that's the sort of thing that can cripple an economy.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 26, 2012 6:53:47 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 26, 2012 6:56:35 AM PDT
Geomancer says:
Humm, I didn't say $10 for a gallon.

Using more words I said that the total savings, when including a gallon of gas, is $10.75.

6.25% sales tax($3.75) + 5% gold box savings($3) + $4 for a gallon = $10.75

EDIT: Blizzard would charge me sales tax, even though they have no presence in my state. Always bugged me with WoW, so I would buy game time cards instead.

Posted on Apr 26, 2012 7:22:10 AM PDT
OH ok. Well that's good. I was scared Gas price had gone up ridiculously somewhere in the states. I do know that petrol is expensive in England, but in fairness folks there probably don't often have to drive as far as we do... our country is very spread out!

As for blizzard charging tax. I don't get charged tax on my subscription fees. It says it's 14.99, and I pay 14.99 each month.

I also used the Annual pass with WoW and get Diablo 3 for free so I'm happy for that. I just had to agree to pay for WoW for a year which is something I... well i'll get my monies worth hehe.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 26, 2012 8:53:07 AM PDT
Geomancer says:
I might have done that, if I still played WoW with the vigor I used to. That ended though when I moved from the West to the East, time zones no longer work to my advantage. I work very early in the morning so I can't stay up late, and since people won't even start raiding until 8-9 pm earliest it's too late for me.

Posted on Apr 26, 2012 9:02:12 AM PDT
Jason Koenig says:
WoW ran its course for me after Cataclysm. A year of WoW is 2.5x more expensive than a copy of D3, and time spent playing WoW would be time spent not playing D3. For me, quitting when I did was win-win.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 26, 2012 10:09:13 AM PDT
Only reason I am using amazon is because I have gift cards and they do charge me tax which is +5$ on my order. How come you have no tax?

Posted on Apr 26, 2012 10:16:02 AM PDT
Duster says:
Patryk it depends on where you're at. If amazon has a presence in your state (meaning a shipping warehouse, offices, etc) you will get charged tax.

Posted on Apr 26, 2012 11:23:10 AM PDT
AxisBeefyBoy says:
Does Blizzard ever have promotions? Freaking Diablo 2 "Battlechest" still retails for 30$

Posted on Apr 26, 2012 11:53:18 AM PDT
i thought it was still 40$.

Blizzard has a promotion but only if you play WoW and that is the annual pass. In which you agree to pay for WoW for a year and you get Diablo 3 for free.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 27, 2012 6:59:49 AM PDT
Only worth it if you play WoW. I am still playing The Old Republic. I just needed something "new" (ish) after playing WoW for so long.

Till I get bored of ToR (not anytime soon), I don't think I will be going back to WoW. That makes the Blizzard promotion useless for me.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 27, 2012 9:31:50 AM PDT
Shanghaied says:
Well, they did run the year pass promotion where you got Diablo 3 for free if you committed to a year subscription to WoW.

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012 9:10:05 AM PDT
As far as I saw closest one was New Jersey and I am from New York makes no sence (newegg never charged tax)

anyways I think the servers will go live 3AM Eastern Time so even us with release date deliveries are stuck waiting for that UPS guy :D

In reply to an earlier post on May 3, 2012 5:04:52 AM PDT
Score one point for Digital Downloads!

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 17, 2013 7:01:56 AM PST
piss off says:
2k Games Gods and Kings expansion, Civ V game of the year edition, and Civ IV complete including the Colonization remake and the Stronghold collection, all up to Stronghold 2 14.95
Think maybe it's Blizzard who won't discount?
I look at the digital downloads and pricing suggests it's the companies calling the bulk of the calls.
It's a thought.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Diablo III - PC/Mac forum
Participants:  15
Total posts:  23
Initial post:  Apr 24, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 17, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Diablo III - PC/Mac
Diablo III - PC/Mac by Blizzard Entertainment (Mac OS X Intel, Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
2.4 out of 5 stars   (3,720)