Customer Discussions > SimCity: Limited Edition forum

I wanna buy this so badly, BUT....

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 28, 2012 5:15:36 AM PST
I'm so afraid this Simcity reboot is just going to be another Simcity Societies. Anyone have any info that might put my fears to rest about that?

Posted on Jan 13, 2013 10:12:51 PM PST
Shareallicu says:
It sounds worse:

Requires internet connection and can't save to hard drive (only on the cloud).. .what's the point in playing?

Posted on Jan 22, 2013 8:40:29 AM PST
Paul says:
Needing internet connection is NOT going to work for me

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 22, 2013 1:11:01 PM PST
Shareallicu says:
I agree Paul, Not everyone has their gaming PC hooked up to the internet.

What a disappointment! I would love to get this game too but since I internet connection is required, I won't be buying this game.

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 25, 2013 5:49:43 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Jan 25, 2013 6:00:15 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 1, 2013 10:17:06 AM PST
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 1, 2013 10:58:53 AM PST
Shareallicu says:
Obviously we have internet Brent M. Johnson, the point is that they require non-internet gamers to Become internet gamers! Bad move for EA: they will lose my business.

All we ask is an option that doesn't limit single player (offline) play, like traditional Simcity games before this.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 7, 2013 8:38:46 PM PST
Josh says:
What an ignorant thing to say. Many people travel, without internet. They go on business trips, vacations, planes, trains. When my internet connection goes out, something that happens a few times a year sometimes for days, and the only thing I can do with my computer is play games, that is what I should be able to do.

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 15, 2013 11:59:24 AM PST
Think before you post. It's not about having an internet connection. It's about punishing people who actually purchase a legitimate copy of the game with obtrusive and often non-functional DRM or needless overlays and/or potentially limiting the playability of the game due to connection, server, and syncing issues. Although I will say the Origin service is one of the less obtrusive ones but that fact that it's required is really doing the consumers a disservice.

Also the rumor that saved games can only be stored on the cloud instead of locally worries me as well.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  7
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Nov 28, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 15, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
SimCity: Limited Edition
SimCity: Limited Edition by Electronic Arts (Windows 7 / Vista / XP)
1.4 out of 5 stars   (4,026)