Customer Discussions > Xbox 360 LIVE 1600 Points forum

I want to buy an online code using amazon points

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-13 of 13 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 9, 2010 3:08:41 AM PST
B. Gonsier says:
I got a $20 gaming credit for pre ordering something. When I try to buy online, it just asks me for my credit card number, and doesn't ask me if I want to use my game credit.

I check out if I can use it on the actual card, and the points come up, but I have to pay for shipping, and would rather not.

So CAN I use my gaming credit on an online number?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 9, 2010 7:28:52 AM PST
Maxx says:
haha im trying to do the same for my black ops credit, it barely gives you any options.

Posted on Nov 10, 2010 9:56:42 AM PST
John says:
Digital Download purchase automatically requires you to input a credit card each and everytime even if you have a credit card on file with your account.

Input the information for your credit card and then it'll deduct from your gaming credit and gift card promotional balance.

Posted on Nov 10, 2010 3:44:13 PM PST
L. Akridge says:
But when you put the information in it takes you to another page that shows the total price without subtracting the credit. On this page you can only confirm and place the order. I don't believe the promotion will work with this.

Posted on Nov 15, 2010 2:25:09 AM PST
A. Tran says:
i contacted amazon about this issue aswell. Very weird that the video game credit doesnt apply. Digital Download staff will contact me tomorrow about this. :) Hopefully all goes well.

Posted on Nov 21, 2010 9:51:36 AM PST
Mike says:
Any update on this? I am trying to do the same, buying the code online to use up my credit, and avoid having to pay shipping.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 2, 2011 7:48:16 AM PDT
Ant says:
Ditto. Any updates? I am trying to buy this digital download from Battlefield Bad Company 2 [Download] ? It asks me to enter a credit card which I don't have. I do have gift cards to use.

Thank you in advance. :)

Posted on Jul 23, 2011 5:40:56 AM PDT
David Brown says:
I did just buy online/download Microsoft Points from Amazon using an Amazon Gift Card I received as a "reward" from my credit card company. It did ask me to verify my credit card that is on file with them, but on the final payment screen I was able to enter the gift card code and it was used for payment.

I suspect the credit card requirement might be part of Microsoft's terms of use. Don't know.

Posted on Feb 29, 2012 11:48:05 AM PST
A-S says:
Any updates please.

Posted on Sep 18, 2012 3:17:53 PM PDT
Found this thread via a Google search because I was trying to do the same. Yes, you can use credit from previous pre-orders to purchase XBL online codes. I just did it to buy the 2400 point online code. I paid $20 (plus tax) instead of $30 (plus tax).

Posted on Apr 3, 2013 4:56:52 PM PDT
Dylan r says:
So I can't buy MSP with my amazon gift card?

Posted on Apr 3, 2013 7:08:22 PM PDT
R. Demers says:
I also cannot use amazon points to buy this code. So basically I have to order the physical card and amazon has to pay to ship it for free....how does this make business sense for amazon?!?!?!?

Posted on Aug 31, 2013 4:57:33 PM PDT
I don't know why people will NOT listen to me. I though Microsoft points were DISCONTINUED on the marketplace? I mean, it SAYS so on Xbox.com?!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  13
Total posts:  13
Initial post:  Nov 9, 2010
Latest post:  Aug 31, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 10 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Xbox 360 LIVE 1600 Points
Xbox 360 LIVE 1600 Points by Microsoft Software (Xbox 360 / One)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (3,436)