Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Billy Talent Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
asked by Mama Bear on September 16, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 answers
A
I have been making green smoothies for about a month and am using a HamiltonBeach 12speed blender and it is doing a fine job. Some times there are tiny chunks but still small enough to get thru a straw. Today I used figs and sometimes dates, and they don't seem to get thoroughly blended but the chunks are yummy! I figure I will continue till this blender dies and then maybe invest in a vitamix or one alittle more stronger.
S. Sanders answered on September 17, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
be advised that juicers are not the same as blenders. if you want to retain the fiber in fruits and vegetables, as well as all of the nutrients, you will want to blend rather than juice.
Amazon Customer answered on December 29, 2011
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Trent Horman answered on January 22, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I'm using my Osterizer 14-speed blender, which has the top speed as "liquifying"... so far it has worked just fine with no lumps or pieces. Perhaps by Thanksgiving I'll be out of debt and can then invest in a VMix.
roxe answered on September 30, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
call Vitamix...sometimes they have refurbished for cheaper. I just bought a refurbished from them and it came with the same 7 year warranty a new one does.
Best purchase I've ever made. It works wonderfully. I make a containers worth every morning that I drink throughout the day. I've lost 7 lbs in almost 2 weeks. I know they are lot's of money but it's really worth it! (and no, I don't work for Vitamix...just a very happy customer)
Michael answered on October 7, 2011

A
I purchased a Ninja Pro 1000 watt blender. It is amazing! I had another "pro" blender before, but always had to stop mid-blend to push down the frozen fruit and it took a long time. The normal retail for the Ninja Pro is about $80-90. I believe they sell them at Wal Mart, too. I get "daily deals" from Woot! and got mine for $39.99.
D. Bryant answered on October 31, 2011

A
I have used a Jack LaLane Juicer for almost 10 years. Works great and not as expensive as the vitamix.
EdenInLA answered on December 17, 2011

A
Buy a Breville!! I bought one and i love it. One of the many plusses is that it shuts of by it's self, you push the smoothie button, walk away, and 60 seconds later your smoothie is done!
Kurt & Marla answered on December 18, 2012

A
I have a Blendtec and like it much better than the Vitamix. It fits under the counter, unlike the Vitamix, and you don't need to use a pusher. AND the Blendtec is about $100 cheaper. I got mine at Costco for slightly north of $300 but I've seen coupons from other stores which would also bring it into that range. If you're serious about making smoothies there really aren't a lot of choices. I consider it an investment in my health and use it every day.
Aristillus answered on April 6, 2013

A
I had a good deal of trouble spending the money on a Vita-Mix but would now not want to live without it. I was using an excellent Oster blender and it worked but you have to cut everything up small before blending and that took a lot of time. My husband finally got me to buy the Vita Mix when it was being demonstrated at a grocery store. I never would have had I been alone and have him to thank for my new favorite appliance. It really is easy and fast. I'm busy and this saves time. The money is gone but I have something I will probably be using for decades to come.
Laura K. Smith answered on January 6, 2012
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product