I want to use it for water from a swimming pool. Will it remove sun tan oils? Are sun tan oils bad?
asked by cockerdogs on December 14, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-7 of 7 answers
A
The filter doesn't get rid of all the chemicals. Sun tan oils can contain some products you do not want to ingest. The pocket filter has a floater. Sun tan oils will float on top typically, so you can easily avoid the oils.
Q answered on January 31, 2014
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Swimming pool water contains chlorine, which this does not remove. You would need to run it through a carbon filter to remove the chlorine. Katadyn has an add-on carbon cartridge that will work for this.
You Shot Me Down answered on April 20, 2014
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Looking to set up your pool as an emergency source of water?
Steve answered on December 18, 2012
Comments (3) | 3 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Sun tan oils are great for getting the body's organs a golden brown. In fact, don't even filter them. I love the smell of Panama Jack in the morning. Go ahead and drink straight out of the bottle.
Coffee Cup Joe answered on December 21, 2012
Comment | 2 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Actually, if you can solve the mystery as to how that swimming pool was filled with water, you could probably use that same source for drinking water, unfiltered even. Just saying...
Jeffrey E. Norris answered on January 31, 2013
Comment (1) | 0 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I think it would work for swimming pool water, meaning chlorine, sun tan oil? I have no idea. Are they bad. Yes, but I would guess that depending on the size or your pool the water to oil ratio would be so low it would not harm a full grown adult. I would refer you to Kayadyn's website to ask these technical questions.
White Doberman answered on December 15, 2012
Comment (1) | 1 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Since you can disassemble the filter and wipe it down, I doubt the small amount of suntan oil from a pool would damage it. Just don't know why one would want to filter and drink their swimming pool water.
Katherine U. answered on December 15, 2012
Comment | 1 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›