Can you watch Netflix? Is it a disadvantage that this is not Android?
asked by Jane Leigh Kwieraga on November 24, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 answers
A
There's an app that you can get that'll let you watch Netflix, so yes and no. For me, not being Android is no disadvantage at all.
Jeff answered on November 24, 2012
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I don't know personally.. I don't use Netflix, but maybe the guy who made this YouTube video can help you. He leaves his e-address below the video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0F89z_PCEA
James T. Brown answered on November 24, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Sadly not for now who nows if Netflix will do the app when RIM releases BB10 next year. There is an app that allows you to bridge your pc with the tablet and allows you to stream netflix via wifi.
Cheers,
Alex
Alexander Colka Osorio answered on November 24, 2012

A
No Netflix; it used to work apparently but Netflix and Hulu blocked the PlayBook Os (why I don't know).
There are some workaround out there. I hear that Amazon Prime videos work fine which frankly is a better deal IMHO. I have used my PlayBook to watch Vudu and YouTube vids on my TV via HDMI and it's awesome. If you happen to have a BlackBerry phone there is a remote control app which is dead useful. Battery life has been supurb.
anFidhlear answered on December 13, 2012

A
I've tried a few times, without success, to download and run the Netflix app. Both sources that Netflix lists (or rather, did- cannot find them there now) on their site as app providers were singularly unhelpful, as in 100% ineffective. Google play has this re. its (alleged) NF app: Supports Android 2.2-4.x. My understanding is that yes, Playbook has Android, but not high enough. This will give you more info: http://untether.tv/2012/why-netflix-wont-support-the-blackberry-playbook/
Alien Here- Citizen of Heaven answered on December 3, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I've never watched Netflix, but this tablet supports Flash greatly, so I think yes, it supports Netflix. I also have an Android 2.3 phone and I think BlackBerry Tablet OS is faster, more intuitive and easier to use than Android, with thousands of applications available in App World.

I posted this answer from my BlackBerry PlayBook Tablet www.blackberry.com :)
M. ALEJANDRO Diaz answered on November 24, 2012
Comment | 2 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
You can't watch Netflix through Playbook yet, though I imagine it's coming.
Michael N. answered on November 24, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
If you can afford an Android or iPad, just go for it...
Michel A. Albahari answered on November 24, 2012
Comment | 0 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product