Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (7-Inch, Wi-Fi) 2012 Model
Used & New from: $60.00
How do you watch amazon prime videos on the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0?
asked by Robert Smith on August 21, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 answers
A
I just got my Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 to stream from Amazon!

You have to go find a copy of Flash Player 11.1_11 and download it onto your tablet. I'm not going to give a URL, because I don't want to get any website in trouble. But the Flash Player is out there, just search the internet for it. You can't get it through Google Play.

Once you have downloaded it you need to go into the files on your tablet (I use OI File Manager for this) and double-click the flash file to install it. Your tablet may tell you that security settings won't let you install it. No problem. If you get this message, go into your Settings and click on Security. Under Device Administration click the box to allow installation of non-Market apps. You are taking a risk here. So it is your choice - but otherwise you can't stream video.

After you have fixed your security and gone back and installed your Flash Player download, open up your browser. Amazon is actually a good page to start with because they often have video clips on the front page. Firefox will show you an empty window where the video should be and prompt you to click (tap) to use the plugin. After that, I could even use the Tablet's version of Chrome to stream Amazon Prime.

That said, it seems to be Flash that is the problem - not which browser you have. I suspect that this is not Amazon's fault. It's bad business to not allow people to access your service on certain kinds of tablets. Maybe Adobe got mad and took it off the market.
Amazon Customer answered on March 22, 2013
Comments (3) | 9 of 10 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Looking for the same thing. Hulu and Netflix and others have apps, so maybe amazon don't want your business unless you buy an amazon tablet?
Daz answered on January 6, 2013
Comment | 6 of 8 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Hi, I own the Galaxy Tab 2 7.0, and all you have to do to watch Amazon Prime is click 'Watch Now' and then click 'Full Screen'. Of Course, you have to have an active internet connection and Adobe Flash Player installed. If you bought your Galaxy Tab sometime during August, chances are you won't be able to watch Amazon Prime Videos because Adobe discountinued Flash for mobile around that time, meaning if you didn't have Flash installed prior, you won't have it because it was removed from the Android Market.
Indy 500 answered on August 27, 2012
Comment | 8 of 13 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
does anyone have an answer for this?
Amazon Customer answered on February 27, 2013
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Why can't you watch videos on samsung tablets? Makes absolutely no sense...you can watch them on a computer, iPad, TV, game consoles...why not onmy samsung tablet???? :(
J. McNulty answered on August 21, 2014
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
how do you watch amazon prime videos on the Samsung galaxy tab 3
Amazon Customer answered on January 16, 2014
Comment | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
How to watch amazon videosbon samsung tab 3
Penny answered on March 5, 2014
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
How do I get fkash player om samsung tablet?
Mehala S. answered on November 29, 2013
Comment | 1 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes
James B. answered on July 29, 2013
Comment | 0 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
[Deleted by the author on Jul 29, 2013 8:16:59 PM PDT]
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product