Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer angrybirds angrybirds angrybirds  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro
Is it waterproof? I was wondering if anyone has had any experience with this in the rain. i.e did it keep all your gear dry?
asked by Walter E. Flood on July 4, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 13 answers
A
You could always spray it down with waterproofing spray (the kind for boots/tents, etc) - this is what I do with all of my bags. Works like a charm.
Mimi13 answered on November 23, 2012
Comment | 19 of 20 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
If you drop it in water, whatever's inside will probably get wet. But from my experience, it'll stand up to rain for a while, but don't expect to stand out in the rain for hours and hours.
Zach S. answered on January 17, 2012
Comment | 6 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Michael C answered on April 3, 2012
Comment (1) | 13 of 13 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I would never call it waterproof but I have been rained on a bit and nothing got inside. Keep a poncho with you in it, just in case.
Veep Haim answered on November 28, 2011
Comment | 7 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I've been in light rain and severe humidity. Many times, I've set it down on wet sand or dirt. I've never had my stuff on the inside get wet. I don't think it is built to be waterproof, so I wouldn't take it in extreme rain. But for anything less than a downpour, you'll be fine.
Angela Johnson answered on June 30, 2013
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
This bag fits exactly insider a 40 litre dry sack, and rolled up the dry sack fits in the elastic straps on the bag
Johnny Whitechapel answered on December 15, 2013
Comment | 5 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I went to a very humid site for several hours and the outside of the backpack was covered with due and soaked. The stuff on the inside was dry. Don't know if more water would seep in but it definitely fought off the due.
Lord Marshal the 1st answered on July 22, 2011
Comment | 5 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
james R answered on March 15, 2014
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It doesn't say anything in the description about being waterproof or water repellant. It may keep items dry in a small amount of rain...but like others have said....Cover it with a trash bag or some sort of rain gear! After all, you spent allot of money on camera equipment, why take chances on it getting damaged from water!
DanznPisces answered on April 27, 2014
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Mimi is right you can spray it down with the water proofing spray if you desired. I haven't and it works well in humid areas and wet rainy weather. Granted I would at least hang it up to keep it off the ground. All zipper areas have an over stitch, or a length of material that has been created to cover and protect all the zipper without problem. Would I trust it on a fain filled weekend. Yes, but like Mimi, I would spray it to be doubly sure
johncpickens answered on May 10, 2014
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product