Does this help with hot weather conditions? Does this kind of film help keep the heat out during the summer? I live in a hot climate with four windows facing west, so I really need something to help keep summer heat out.
asked by TopFlight on September 12, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-4 of 4 answers
A
vote
Thanks for your reply. Have you found that this is helping keep the heat out during the summer?
TopFlight answered on July 22, 2011

A
vote
thanks for your comments live in Australia and in a small apartment, gets very hot think I will give this ago, as getting too old to handle this weather 65yrs now have a portable aircon that has worked overtime with this recent heatwave of over 40degs so thanks for your feedback,cheers norma
norma wheeler answered on January 19, 2014

A
vote
Actually, the huge bay window is facing NW and there are some trees at the next lot. We've had very strong wind here this year and the old windows have a lot of drafts. The plastic films has since dropped down. The small and thin sticky tape wasn't strong enough to withstand the drafts. Will have to install a thicker plastic film (industrial type) for winter this year and I'll be using thick and broad packing tapes instead. This old house doesn't have any insulation at all.....therefore the plastic film didn't help at all with the heat this summer. Ceiling fans do make a lot of difference.

I'm using thermal lined curtains (without the plastic films) and have kept it closed this summer, with ceiling fan on and it does help to keep the temp down to around 80s (inside) during this past hot temp of around 93 to 97deg F outside - and it felt like 105deg F outside. Hope this helps.
Agnes Khoo Schwenk answered on July 29, 2011

A
votes
I kept two films on in our masterbedroom windows, facing east for more than a year now. The films are supposed to keep the cold out and to stop the cool air (aircon) from escaping during summer. I don't know how well the film will stay, facing west and the afternoon sun is always hotter than the morning sun. You may want to try out just one window (using indoor films) and see how it goes. I intend to leave mine on during summer too and we've 2 huge bay windows of 119ins each and one of the bay window is facing west. Hope this helps.
Agnes Khoo Schwenk answered on November 6, 2010
‹ Previous   1   Next ›