First time wedding photographer. Hi there. I own a Digital Rebel XTi and have been asked to be the photographer at my cousin's wedding. The problem is: the church has low lighting and woodwork that absorbs the light there is. Any suggestions on a lens that works great in low light?

Any help appreciated. :)
asked by Amazon Customer on May 8, 2008
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 answers
A
votes
Invest in flash like the Canon Speedlite 580EX II or the lower-end 430EX. If flash is not an option and it's not within your budget, try the EF 50mm f/1.8 or the 35mm f/2. Both are excellent for low-light photography due to their light gathering capability.
Erica Moon answered on May 16, 2008

A
votes
Overall you would do best buy buying the external flash,the lens is great to, I would buy the external flash and rent the lens, you can rent the lens for about 25 buck a day at Murphys camera , the flash can be bought brand new at Adorama.com new , in the box for 200. bucks with free shipping. I bought mine there. You can get a sigma 530dg st flash which has a guide number of 53 which is almost as bright as the 580ex, just not as fancy, you can get that flash at sigma4less.com for 180.00 dollars including the shipping, it is a great flash, its fully automatic , and works on the XTI, the only thing is it is limited in manual mode but, that is not that big of a deal.
D. searcy answered on November 1, 2008

A
votes
Overall you would do best buy buying the external flash,the lens is great to, I would buy the external flash and rent the lens, you can rent the lens for about 25 buck a day at Murphys camera , the flash can be bought brand new at Adorama.com new , in the box for 200. bucks with free shipping. I bought mine there. You can get a sigma 530dg st flash which has a guide number of 53 which is almost as bright as the 580ex, just not as fancy, you can get that flash at sigma4less.com for 180.00 dollars including the shipping, it is a great flash, its fully automatic , and works on the XTI, the only thing is it is limited in manual mode but, that is not that big of a deal.
D. searcy answered on November 1, 2008
‹ Previous   1   Next ›