How well will this work for training for Triathalons??
asked by Taylor Lamson on December 11, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
The 410 is good for triathlon training - I have been using for just that for the last 18 months. However, Garmin has a triathlon specific device, the 910, which is much better suited as it can also be used for swim training in the pool and also in open water. The 410 cannot and is therefore limited in that respect.
Jason W answered on December 12, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I am pretty sure that the watch is not waterproof but you may want to check with Garmin to be sure. I know my 405 was not. There may be other watches more appropriate for triathlons but enjoy the heck out of it for pure running.
Mark Winchester answered on December 12, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The FR 410 is not waterproof, so as far as swimming, I think you need to get a different watch. Works great for running, biking-- you can get the cadence sensor for a bike, GPS is good for both. Get the Garmin 910XT

A great place for all the details on Garmin watches etc is
http://www8.garmin.com/learningcenter/
Cuppa Joe answered on December 11, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I'm not sure. It's not a dedicated swim watch and I've never taken mine swimming, but I have soaked it a number of times and it has never been an issue.
Gin and Tonic answered on December 12, 2012

A
The 410 will work well for both running & cycling. If you'd like a device for running, cycling & swimming, look into Garmin Forerunner 910XT.
Amazon Customer answered on December 12, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product