what is appropriate age for this book?
asked by Carolyn C. on June 4, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 answers
A
We got it for our baby at about 6 months and she has loved it. You could go a little younger, maybe as low as 4 months as we had some other books at that age, but I think she really started enjoying us reading to her around 5-6 months. It took her about 2 weeks from getting before she could move the "peek a boo" objects and looks to us in recognition of each animal. It's now one of her favorite books. She also loves the Goodnight Moon series. The book was well worth the money.
curtis giles answered on June 4, 2013
Comment | 6 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
We got this for my daughter at 6 months, and she loved it! We've read it many, many times since then, and it's still brought out regularly now that she's 17 months. She loves the crinkly portions and the interactiveness of this book.
Aerienne answered on October 7, 2013
Comment | 6 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I think we started reading this to our daughter around four or five months of age, and she absolutely loved it!
Joel answered on June 4, 2013
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
5 Months plus but infants will love all of the color and shapes with a little help!
MelanieH answered on June 4, 2013
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
My grandson has been "reading" it since he was about a year. He still plays with it, but I think it is good for children as young as 9 months perhaps.
D. Plagens answered on June 4, 2013
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have a three month old and she loves the krinkle pages. I would say 3-12 months.
B.L.G answered on June 4, 2013

A
We started my daughter on this book at just 2 and a half months--right when she started focusing on things and reaching and grabbing. I say "touch" to her and she reaches and touches the owl's face on the front cover. By three months, she's able to grab all the flaps on each of the pages and pull them down when I say "touch". On the "trickier" owl page (that has to be opened sideways) she gets a good windup and swats it open. She absolutely loves this book, and I highly recommend it for babies much younger than 6 months!
Nukke answered on December 19, 2013

A
My granddaughter has just turned a year old and has had this book for some time. Her mom says she loves it. The cloth pages are easy for small hands to turn (she loves turning pages) and there are flaps within the pages with pictures behind them that add to the fun. She also likes carrying books around and the cloth, vinyl or board books are the only ones with pages that don't get torn if she handles them without supervision. So that gives her a little autonomy in manipulating something independently. I would say anywhere 5-6 months on.
Sheri Grimes answered on June 4, 2013
Comment (1) | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product