what is the battery life. will I need an extra one
[UPDATED] asked by Larry T. on March 9, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 16 answers
A
No. I bought a extra battery, but rarely use it. I can get a full 2 days of taking pictures on one charge.
Byron Goodman answered on March 9, 2013
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It is quite good. I have an extra battery, but have not had to use it. At trade shows I'll take 80-100 pictures over a weekend on a single charge.
Lora answered on March 9, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have a single battery and have not needed an extra. I do shut it off between shots if its going to be a little while before the next.
Noah answered on March 9, 2013

A
The battery life will last a couple of days if continually taking pictures. I suggest a backup battery.
Amy Buck answered on March 9, 2013

A
I agree - no extra battery needed - long lasting (But video drains it)
Tonsies answered on March 9, 2013

A
the battery life is about 200 to 250 pictures depending on if you use a flash or GPS....that should be enough but I always have an extra anyways....so far I haven't need it even on my longest walks
timtoll answered on March 9, 2013

A
I had bought a kit that came with a little stand, extra batteries, screen protectors and other things but to be honest I havnt NEEDED the extra battery. I've taken my camera out on the lake with a full battery and it lasted all day with taking hundred of pictures and videos. The camera would also be on for minutes on end while waiting to catch a great pic of someone wakeboarding! I'd say overall the battery life is amazing!
Zac93218 answered on March 9, 2013

A
If you are going to be relying on this camera you will want an extra battery. I found the battery wore down toward the end of the day even when only used for stills. I have become fond of this as a snapshot camera, the image quality is surprisingly good, but I retain reservations about waterproofing as it was replaced once already.
bmoag answered on March 9, 2013

A
The battery did run out on me twice on my 6 day vacation. Seems like if you are using it for a lot of video, that may run down the battery quicker than just pictures. You may want to invest in another battery to carry with you if you plan a lot of use in one day, but generally it was fine if I didn't go crazy! Also, I was using my other Nikon Coolpix for just regular pictures, so if you are using only this camera for ALL your camera needs, you might want to invest in another battery. I hope that answers your question well enough.
Linda Finken answered on March 9, 2013

A
If you don't use the camera on a daily basis then you are good. We use the camera maybe once a week and charge it every 6-8 weeks. Now when you use it on video charge battery once a month if not using on a daily deal. We love tha camera it takes awsome pics in the club and pitch black times. The GPS we have'nt really played with that much.
Doug answered on March 9, 2013
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›