what kind of hdmi cable works with x box 360? How about the Wii? What cable works with the XBOX 360 ? What cable works with the Wii ? I would like for it to diplay 1080p.
asked by techilliterit on August 3, 2008
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 20 answers
A
Hi Matt,
I have used monoprice for over 2 years now-from audio, video, computer, network and more recently, HD cables. Obviously you work for their competition. Check out their reputation (9.33/10) on www.resellerratings.com if you're such a skeptic.
Sheesh man skip the theatrics and rantings.
Adipolle answered on May 4, 2009
Comment | 9 of 11 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Any 1.3a or b certified HDMI cable should work just fine with your 360. I recommend monoprice. They have very quality cables for MUCH better prices than the big names. The best connection for the Wii is component cable and it can only output 480p unfortunately.
Dana Simmelink answered on March 18, 2009
Comment | 7 of 9 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
xbox 360 is HDMI 1.2v so even if you have a HD-DVD player it can't do master audio or Dobly True. so really any cables because you can't even find 1.1 or 1.2 anymore. oh and 1.1 can't do 1080p just i.
I. Rossiter answered on October 3, 2009
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
You can buy an HDMI 1.3b cable for 3 cents plus $2.98 for shipping. Overall the cable will be around 3 dollars each and will work for your needs. I bought 3 of them and had no problems with Blu-ray or gaming in HD. No need to buy expensive cables.
Link
DVI Gear HDMI Cable 2M 6 feet
Chris L. answered on October 20, 2009
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
" I. Rossiter says:
xbox 360 is HDMI 1.2v so even if you have a HD-DVD player it can't do master audio or Dobly True. so really any cables because you can't even find 1.1 or 1.2 anymore. oh and 1.1 can't do 1080p just i. "

- HDMI 1.0 (the original HDMI spec) is more than capable of full 1080p
- HDMI 1.0 is fully capable of hi-res lossless audio like TrueHD and DTS-MA assuming the source device can decode it and send it over HDMI as LPCM/MPCM, and your receiver can recieve LPCM/MPCM over HDMI
- HDMI 1.3 is only needed to bitstream TrueHD or DTS-MA, assuming your source device can send it and your receiver can decode it
- whether player decoded (sent as LPCM/MPCM) or receiver decoded (bitstream) it's the same lossless audio, no difference

I do not own an Xbox so I have no idea if it can:
- output 1080p
- decode HD audio
- send audio as LPCM/MPCM
MikeT answered on October 3, 2009
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
people, get a life
Justin Sher answered on May 11, 2009
Comment | 4 of 8 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Wow... really.. that was the worst 10 minutes of my life.. I agree with Justin.. Get a life. Move out of your moms Basement.
Gabe A. answered on June 3, 2009
Comment | 2 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Indeed. :)
MikeT answered on June 3, 2009
Comment | 0 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
No need to quote you again. Your previous unnecessary rantings in this thread speak for themselves. :)

Me a high schooler? Hardly, I'm a 45 yo business owner. But we'll just let any/all readers of this thread decide who the "high schooler" is. :)

But, yes, I'd love for you to "school" me on anything business related. Perhaps you could do a conference call to "school" my 11 employees (who have been laughingly following this thread). :)
MikeT answered on May 5, 2009
Comment | 3 of 8 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It's a conspiracy in your mind if you say (quoted a second time):
"Seriously, how many of you Monprice trolls are there? Are there just one or two? Or is there are department with a Director of Trolls? I have to admit it seems you have a whole department and I also have to admit Monprice has a good strategy of having trolls post on any board they can find but for the life of me I don't know why Amazon allows it."

No apology offered. :)

I don't understand the relevance of "e-commerce has a cost". Umm....obviously. My point was if Monoprice sells direct to me, why would I buy the same cable from Amazon (or any other reseller) that is going to mark it up further?
MikeT answered on May 5, 2009
Comment | 3 of 8 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›