what monsters does everyone think is the best to use?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 22, 2012 11:56:19 AM PST
been using three chocobos and i have already beaten the game, so what has everybody else been using?

Posted on Mar 5, 2012 3:21:39 PM PST
can you find me ^.^

Posted on Mar 6, 2012 8:21:55 AM PST
Desired FX says:
It depends on the situation: I'm primarily using Cloudburst, Flanitor, and Silver Chocobo, but I've seen a lot of discussion where people are saying there's not much value in having a monster Sentinel, Synergist, Saboteur, or Medic, meaning they leave those roles to Noel and Serah and just put in power Commandos and Ravagers as their Monsters, with the idea that a killer offense makes defense unnecessary.

I'm not sure I agree, but, then, I've always played a health-first game in RPGs. I'm not a fan of letting my HP dip dangerously into the red.

Posted on Mar 6, 2012 9:18:51 AM PST
Yeah iv been running a chocoboo team and it worked great for me plus with the pack mentailly that I added to them I cant find anything to beat them :) btw it is gold, blue and silver chocoboos that I run.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 6, 2012 10:52:54 AM PST
Desired FX says:
I have the Gold and Silver, but I haven't leveled up a Blue yet. And as I understand it, you have to infuse two rare monsters to get Pack Mentality (Nanochu and Microchu, is it?) in place.

Posted on Mar 6, 2012 1:21:24 PM PST
that is correct what is the problem with gold and silver? gold has like the fastest attack of any of the monsters and for the cost to fully upgrade it is easily 1 of the best commodoes? and so silver with sential so just curious why you wouldnt like those? and the best (ignoring cost since it is the highest) monsters to have are twlight odin and cloudbrust and silver chocoboo lol

Posted on Mar 6, 2012 3:46:58 PM PST
Desired FX says:
Oh, no...I use them both, on and off. The only problem I have with them is they top out at 45, so I feel like you can't really push the limits with them...but I could be wrong.

Posted on Mar 7, 2012 2:30:10 PM PST
hmm I havent checked there level number but i no my attack for gold is 950+ only fused 2 montsers and my silver is 800+ and my blue is 900+ with 1 monster fused with it? so yeah best iv seen from most

Posted on Mar 12, 2012 8:48:40 PM PDT
I don't know about SEN/MED/SAB, but SYN monsters are definitely worth it IMO. There are plenty of buffs Noel and Serah can't do, such as Bravery, Faith, and En[element].

Posted on Mar 14, 2012 9:43:38 AM PDT
RPGer says:
I don't think I ever used a Synergist or Saboteur monster for more than a couple battles, and it was usually just so I could see their special attacks. I used to use a Medic, but found it was better to employ a sentinal and just use Serah and/or Noel as a Medic when need be. Honestly, I actually used potions more than I used a medic. Just make sure you have the Griomoire Hat equipped on the character you use because it strengthens the effect of potions. My Sentinal of choice is Silver Chocobo. Maxed out is has over 10,000 HP and has all the main skills a Sentinal needs. I used Blue Chocobo for a ravager for a good portion because the only things it needed to be infused with were Firaga and Thundaga. Now, however, I use Lightning as my Ravager. My Commando used to be Omega Weapon. It's a strong monster but tends to be fairly slow, and his Feral Link hits him with some Negative status effects afterwards for some reason. Now I use Twilight Odin. He's great! Fast, strong, and his Feral Link can reach over a 900% synchronization rate. The only thing with him is that he's a very late bloomer. His stats don't really make a significant increase until level 75 or 80.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 16, 2012 7:06:59 AM PDT
Zachary Bice says:
The Chichu Godly build is the ultimate monster. Use the guides on youtube and you will dominate. I currently use the Purple Chocobo to buff at the beginning of battles then switch to Cerberus and kick butt. I can 5 star the lon gui every time using this in a matter of a few minutes with no strengthening accessories. If you are trying to tame monsters I would suggest building up twilight odin. Make sure you get the weapons from the Immortal on Archylte Steppe which give you auto haste. I never used any monsters for Medic and I only used Sentinel (silver chocobo) until I was totally leveled up.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 23, 2012 1:00:43 PM PDT
Tenface says:
There is definitely value in monster Synergist. Well that's only if you believe in using Bravery and Faith to win battles faster and at lower levels. You're right to not agree with whoever these people are. Saboteurs are the same way the better Saboteurs have stronger debuffs. Not to mention with infusion you can give a monster any ability you want it to have.

Posted on Mar 29, 2012 12:25:00 AM PDT
quistis says:
cloudburst and yaksini with a commando of your choice. early on i was using albino logo and the pulsework knight i just kept infusing my cloudburst a strong offense is all you need til you get the bunkerbeast

Posted on Apr 1, 2012 10:02:26 PM PDT
Kyky says:
I use a Blue Choco/Green Choco/and Gold Choco.
I've used Debris before I got my Blue Choco, and that one was pretty handy.
However, I think the Green Choco is the best Med in the game. <3

Posted on Aug 26, 2012 6:13:52 PM PDT
KDD says:
I personally think Flantior(MED) Dragoon(COM) and Zwerg Scandroid(RAV) are the best monsters.

Posted on Feb 4, 2013 10:59:49 AM PST
Matthew says:
I use dragoon and buccaboo ace as those were the highest hp commando and ravager that I found so far once upgraded. I'm sure there may be better out there but these seemed adequate to thrash everything. I was using flanitor or the first healer that you get (can't remember the name) earlier in the game, but the monster healers seemed to have too few hit points and would die more than anyone else so I abandoned using npc healers at all by the end of the game.

Eventually I just realized that it was better to have a high hit point monster attacking the target at all times to keep the damage meter from resetting and use one or both of my characters to heal because they could do it reliably without ever dying in one hit then switch them back into commando + ravager because they also do the most damage, once the party is sufficiently healthy.

I never found any good use for either synergist or saboteur monsters because they couldn't build the damage meter as fast and all your rewards are based on how fast you kill monsters. Sentinel monsters are similarly superfluous, but early in the game there's a few times when they did appear to be necessary in battle, but later in the game everything that threatens you has area attacks so its just best for both of your characters to turn into sentinel to absorb boss super blows, then cycle one or both to medic to heal the damage for a round or two, then cycle back to full party damage mode while the monster just keeps attacking the whole time to preserve the all important damage bonus.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  Feb 22, 2012
Latest post:  Feb 4, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Final Fantasy XIII-2 - Playstation 3
Final Fantasy XIII-2 - Playstation 3 by Square Enix (PlayStation 3)
4.2 out of 5 stars   (407)