Customer Discussions > Forever Changes forum

what the hell?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 27, 2007 12:46:27 PM PST
M. Kavanaugh says:
what is Rhino doing? i can't find any info on their website about this release, and it appears as though it is just the eleven-track album with no bonus tracks....while the version with bonus tracks is still in print. i don't get it. is there something special about this release that i'm missing? thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2007 5:12:51 PM PST
Funny, the title of your post "What the hell?" was my exact reaction when I stumbled across this. It just doesn't make any sense...unless this version is going to contain the mono mix, which seems highly unlikely. Jeez, looks like 'Forever Changes' is about to join the ranks of 'Pet Sounds' and the entire Doors catalog in the "Let's See How Many Times We Can Reissue This Album" sweepstakes.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2007 5:35:59 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 5, 2007 5:38:20 PM PST
M. Kavanaugh says:
well, after doing some more research, i found out that the "MLPS" means Miniature LP. meaning the packaging will be "identical" to the original LP, just smaller, including shrunk liner notes, gatefold, etc. Better than a digipack. I have one of these "MLPS" from another band (La Dusseldorf), and it's pretty cool, but I can't see how this is worth buying if you already have the older Rhino reissue (with bonus tracks, duh!).

Unless it's been RE-REMASTERED?? that would be great, but I can't find info.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2007 6:11:12 PM PST
S. P. Cox says:
thank you M. kavanaugh! i was very confused by this too as well as some of the other duplicates coming out Tuesday (televison's marquee moon, the stooges' fun house, and a few others)

we still have questions but that helps a lot! i don't see any more information anywhere about this!

Posted on Jun 21, 2011 11:34:29 PM PDT
agree that bonus track reissue is the one. But the original album will suffice. It's wondrous music.
The 60's - 70's listmania ABZ's gives the true taste and some of the 80 minute compilations I listen to because I want every song to be good one after the other.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Forever Changes forum
Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Feb 27, 2007
Latest post:  Jun 21, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Forever Changes
Forever Changes by Love (Audio CD - 1990)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (320)