what if the world ended before the release?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 23, 2012 4:23:38 PM PDT
J. E. Martin says:
I posted this in another thread, but said thread was quite dated and I personally thought it may be worth a whole new shiny place on the venue here.

I spoke with a Gamestop guy a few months ago and we got on the topic of AC3 and how it would flow with the story line of existing releases. He told me (in his most whisperish, clandestine sorta way) that Ubisoft would be releasing another AC title following almost immediately the AC3 release because it all revolved around the whole world ending in 2012 premise.

As he said, it wouldn't make a lot of sense to release a game after the whole story line was supposed to end...

what do you all think?...might it be possible that Ubisoft would use the hype surrounding the AC3 release to cover the release of a follow-up that soon, or was this dude playing games?

Posted on Jul 23, 2012 5:58:22 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 23, 2012 5:59:08 PM PDT
Shopper says:
I replied to your other post as well. No, I dont think they'll have back-to-back AC releases. Not many copies of it would sell if no one knows its coming. Plus, Ubisoft would have announced it at E3.

As far as the world-ending-in-2012 storyline, its been confirmed by Ubi that AC3 will directly address that (which is the reason that AC3 will be released before the end of 2012). That is probably what the clerk was talking about. Either he or you misunderstood that as indicating a separate release. Remember, each AC game has 2 stories - the Assassin ancestor (Altair, Ezio, Connor), and Desmond in present day (2012).

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 6:12:57 PM PDT
B. Kidwell says:
..what about assassin's creed 3 liberation? that's sameday release of two AC3 games.

Posted on Aug 3, 2012 3:27:18 PM PDT
B.D. says:
Your "Gamestop guy" must be pretty bored.

Posted on Oct 5, 2012 1:29:33 PM PDT
End All says:
Yeah... what B. Kidwell said... u.u nice theory that adds up to some extent, but UBI hasn't really pushed any end of the world viral propaganda to premote such a thing.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Jul 23, 2012
Latest post:  Oct 5, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about