what's the difference between the Comfort Zone & Feliway?
asked by Anita on December 28, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 17 answers
A
votes
Nothing. I bought the diffusers and they said Comfort Zone and the refills are Feliway.

FYI - I saw some results after two weeks, but major results after 5 weeks. We are doing fabulously, with minimal territorial disputes and no fighting at the food dishes.
As with anything, your results may vary.
I liken it to catnip. Some cats respond to it and others don't.
My five cat household responded to it very well.
Amanda Miller answered on December 29, 2012

A
votes
Comfort Zone and Feliway seem to be different brands or trademarks from what I can figure from the boxes, but they both have Feliway in them. I have one Feliway and one Comfort Zone refill, and they are identical. I also have a diffuser that came in a Feliway box, but there are no trademarks on it. They both have the same ceramic wick that screws into the diffuser/heater that plugs into the wall. They both claim to be effective, one says 'scientifically proven', the other says 'clinically proven to be 95% effective'. My experience after several weeks of use is that there has been zero effect on my cat. He behaves exactly the same as before, marking and clawing, and meowing at odd hours. No change...
Scott answered on December 28, 2012

A
votes
It can't be true that the diffuser is "Comfort Zone" and "Feliway" is the refill, as the refills *and diffusers* come branded both ways.
It seems pretty clear that "Feliway" is the patented name of the pheromone.
I suspect that the company that makes Feliway licensed their product to the company that makes "Comfort Zone", hence "Comfort Zone with Feliway".
I'm not sure which came first, but it seems like the licensing deal ran out, and now they produce two, virtually identical, products.
Gregory Miziumski answered on November 18, 2013

A
votes
The key with using these is that you have to have one in each room. They only are good for a certain amount of space. They do work though.
Robyn Doyon answered on December 30, 2012

A
vote
It's not true that "Comfort Zone" is the plug in -- we have this spray, self-contained (no plug in) and it's Comfort Zone. CZ is a brand that makes cat and dog products, Feliway is the brand that makes the pheromone, and Comfort Zone gets the product from Feliway to include it in their products.
http://www.wag.com/cat/p/comfort-zone-feliway-spray-75-ml-115147?site=CA&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=cpc_W&utm_term=CLS-010&utm_campaign=GooglePLA&CAWELAID=1323898796&utm_content=pla&ca_sku=CLS-010&ca_gpa=pla&ca_kw={keyword}

And the explanation is here: http://www.catfaeries.com/feliwayfaq.html
Linda answered on April 17, 2014

A
vote
Comfort Zone is the Brand and Feliway is the pheromone product.
Maxine H. answered on December 28, 2012

A
votes
I think they work GREAT. I don't understand the difference either but am going to try Comfort Zone refills now because they are a little cheaper and these things are breaking my bank. I absolutely have come to rely on them because my cat is psycho and it's the only thing that makes him normal--he even takes prozac which doesn't seem to do anything at all. Plug in a new feliway and he's all hearts and flowers. Amazing stuff.
Charlotte answered on May 12, 2014

A
votes
I don
catlover answered on August 9, 2014

A
vote
I agree with the others who said that Comfort Zone is the brand name for the diffuser plug-in and Feliway is the liquid pheromone product that comes in the bottle dispenser that you insert into the diffuser.
Crunchworm answered on January 1, 2013

A
votes
Comfort zone is the brand and feliway are the feel good kittie pheramones that make them calm and not scratch or urinate innapropriatly.
loobell answered on December 29, 2012
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›