Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now May4th
Customer Discussions > Watchmen forum

what's the difference in extras from the "Absolute" and the new hardback?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 18, 2008 10:07:37 PM PST
Dr. Enos says:
what's the difference in extras from the "Absolute" and the new hardback?

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 21, 2008 12:11:59 AM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 21, 2008 12:19:50 AM PST
P. Kenton says:
The Absolute edition is considered DC's best possible print. The edition comes thread bound, oversized, and with very high quality paperstock. The absolute editions also come in a slip case. If you are considering whether to get the Absolute or Hardcover version of Watchmen, the absolute edition is the way to go.

The oversize panels are breathtaking and the thread binding is particularly nice. The panels are oversized quite substantially I might which I think alone makes it worth the added cost. The thread binding is great for opening the book completely and improves durability especially for this thick book.

Both editions have the extra content. That about sums it up. I picked up the absolute edition at borders with a 40% off coupon two days ago for 47(which included tax and free shipping). I've already read the absolute edition at my local library, just to see what it was like and this edition will blow you away.

I recommend you check out the images here to see for yourself:

http://www.comicsbulletin.com/reviews/116577491411149.htm

Note that the new trade and hardcover all have the recoloring that is found in the absolute edition.

Posted on Feb 15, 2009 6:44:00 PM PST
HoverLover says:
so...basically your saying the 2008 version is just a reprint of the absolute edition but without the slipcover?

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 25, 2009 11:39:01 PM PST
C. Weaver says:
The main difference is that the absolute edition is MUCH larger.

Posted on Feb 26, 2009 3:09:59 PM PST
TooDiesel says:
is the regular hardcover glue bound or threadbound?

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 5, 2009 8:54:55 PM PST
M. A. Khan says:
How can you tell the difference between the old trade and the new trade? Can you tell me what to look for?

Posted on Mar 7, 2009 7:34:10 PM PST
gluebound and n ot very well had to have amazon replace a copy because of weak binding, wish i would have bought the aboslute version

Posted on Mar 31, 2009 3:10:31 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 3, 2009 10:10:13 AM PDT
ob1 says:
So the extras in the Absolute edition are included in the regular hardcover edition, and the content of both versions are the same? I looked through the paperback and did not see any extras. Are these extras also included in "Watching the Watchmen: The Definitive Companion to the Ultimate Graphic Novel"?
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Watchmen forum
Participants:  8
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Nov 18, 2008
Latest post:  Mar 31, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Watchmen
Watchmen by Alan Moore (Paperback - November 1, 1987)
4.6 out of 5 stars (1,566)