Facility Spring Cleaning Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Made in Italy Amazon Gift Card Offer out2 out2 out2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Shop Now SnS

Has a "wheat free" diet helped anyone with neuopathy?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: May 31, 2012 3:35:00 PM PDT
Wheat Belly: Lose the Wheat, Lose the Weight, and Find Your Path Back to Health

Posted on Jun 10, 2012 10:56:33 PM PDT
I haven't noticed any changes in neuropathy in my feet being on a gluten free diet, However, I have noticed a change in my neuropathy in my feet when I got completely off of diet sodas and high fructose corn syrup. My neuropathy is about half gone now. I originally decided to avoid all diet sweeteners, aspartame, etc. and high fructosse corn syrup because my A1C was 5.8. My doctor said to try to lose some weight and we'd recheck my A1C in 3 months. Well, I forgot about it, went from all diet sweeteners to regular granulated sugar. Sugar in my tea, my coffee, and real sugar in my throwback Mountain dew. Got a call to reschedule my A1C (I don't have any diabetes, my neuropathy is probably from Charcot Marie Tooth, which is a genetic neuropathy.) My A1C after drinking all that sugar, was below 5.0!! so it went down that much just because I was off the sweeteners! My doctor was amazed, he kept saying, "I have received emails from people I knew in medical school, but I never really believed it!" So he was more surprised than I was!

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 11, 2012 10:54:26 AM PDT
Amazing - that would appear to go against all the related medical advice. Thanks for your feedback. Seems that people doing their own research and trying things their "gut" tells them might work often yields better results than following the advice of "experts".
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  May 31, 2012
Latest post:  Jun 11, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about