Why buy this for $30 when its the same in game? Here's why...

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jan 15, 2010 9:37:09 AM PST
Geomancer says:
I see a lot of 1 star reviews, and other reviews, about why you would pay $30 for this when it's $29.98 if you just do a month to month in the game.

The reason is sales tax. Some states, like Taxachusetts, are ass holes and force the sales tax for things like this. Thankfully Amazon does not charge you sales tax.

So, combined with free shipping it is cheaper to buy these cards than to do the 1 month subscription plans, and only 40 cents extra for the 3 month (at least with our 6.25% sales tax). The six month plan is still cheaper, but who can really say if you'll still want to play this game for that long...

Posted on Jul 11, 2011 6:06:25 PM PDT
Derek D. says:
You're supposed to report your online purchases when you do your taxes, for states that charge taxes. But does anyone?

Posted on Dec 31, 2011 11:30:11 PM PST
Bixillarla says:
Lot of people also get free Amazon gift cards for doing online surveys, video watching and surfing through places like swagbucks. I pay for my WoW time, Kindle books, etc this way. I get $50-$70 per month to use on Amazon.

Also, some people just prefer to use time cards over having to have a credit card on file.

Posted on Feb 4, 2012 2:25:13 PM PST
N. Curman says:
So, question: Based on the title of the product alone this is a 60-day card for $29.99. At $14.99 a month online that's 2 months for $29.98. In other words that's between 60 and 62 days (any 2 consecutive months that do not include February) for a penny less. So that's up to 62 days of playing time for $29.98 vs. 60 days for $29.99. Right?

Or is the product title misleading?

In reply to an earlier post on May 2, 2012 5:36:00 AM PDT
Leif Mowrey says:
It's not Two-Months, it's a 60-Day Pass. So no, not 62 days. If you look closely at the product image it says so on the box art (the close up of the actual card you find in the box).
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Jan 15, 2010
Latest post:  May 2, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
World of Warcraft 60 Day Pre-Paid Time Card - PC/Mac
World of Warcraft 60 Day Pre-Paid Time Card - PC/Mac by Blizzard Entertainment (Mac OS X, Windows XP)
4.4 out of 5 stars   (263)