Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums Storm Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services Home Theater Setup Plumbing Services Assembly Services Shop all tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage The Walking Dead\ Gear Up for Football Deal of the Day
where can you buy replacement carafe?
asked by Christina B Renninger on November 11, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 15 answers
It seems Hamilton doesn't care too much about existing customers, just about selling another expensive coffee maker. After extensive searching, I could not find a Hamilton 990117800 carafe and Hamilton's own website seems to show they are forever out of stock. Mr. Coffee, Cuisinart and many others offer their replacements off the shelf where their makers are sold. I have discovered that the Cuisinart 12 cup replacement carafe model # DCC-1200PRC works perfectly with the Hamilton Beach Model 49980 and is often in stock at a local store. It seems Cuisinart is smart enough to use the same carafe on many different models!
David S. answered on June 2, 2013
Comment (1) | 24 of 24 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

Hi Christina, That is a great question. The only place I have found them is on the Hamilton Beach web site. The carafe Part number is: 990117800 Carafe. Their web address is When I checked this AM they were temporarily out of stock.
I did not find the carafe on Amazon.
Rutzup answered on November 12, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

I just ordered a replacement carafe from It was an "after market" replacement carafe (meaning not made by Hamilton Beach) but it listed the model number for this coffee maker (49980) as compatible. The total with shipping was $21. I would have ordered from Hamilton Beach, but they were out of stock. ThePartsBiz did not show it out of stock, but said it would be shipped from Hambilton Beach, which I already knew was out of stock. Ridiculous that they don't keep this stocked, but they had all the other parts (coffee basket, etc.) that aren't glass and are much less likely to need replacement.
Sharon answered on January 7, 2014
Comments (3) | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

The Hamilton Beach website lists them as temporarily out of stock. The Amazon website lists a carafe made by Medelco which fits over 70 brands. Any carafe that fits the Hamilton Beach 499 series of coffee pots should work.
Amazon Stockholder answered on November 11, 2012
Comment (1) | 3 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

Hamilton Beach told me they have another replacement carafe that is identical to the original carafe (part #990117800) sold with the coffeemaker that is is always out of stock. It's called: Carafe with Black handle/lid. part #990015900, for $17 on their website. Or you can buy one that fits from Item# SPM6303785503
Mfr# GL312HB

"Coffee pot is made from Borosilicate glass and is dishwasher and microwave safe. Please note that this replacement carafe is an aftermarket part made by Medelco to fit the Hamilton Beach coffeemaker models listed below. Backed by our 30 day money back guarantee. Hamilton Beach Models: 40304, 40770, 43244, 43244C, 43251, 43253, 43254, 43255R, 44601, 49755, 49756, 49980, 49980Z, 49983, 49984C."

I have no idea if they work as I haven't bought one yet. I'd really like to find one that fits, rather than one that "almost fits."
Sojourner answered on March 27, 2014
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

Some stores have it:
Maryam A. answered on December 26, 2014
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

Just placed an order for the carafe and it is on its way. Thanks for providing the part number. Fingers are crossed that I got the number correct!
Maralynn Meyers answered on April 8, 2013
Comment | 2 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

Hi! I found 990117800 on ThePartsBiz. Linked here:
MG answered on December 6, 2013
Comment | 2 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

Well, a quick google search shows them on Amazon, eBay and Wasserstrom, all for 13.64.
Draco Swayback answered on November 12, 2012
Comment | 3 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

Help ~ will cost me $30 to replace if I order thru hamilton ~ ANYONE ?
Deborah A. Mercier answered on February 18, 2014
Comments (3) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product