Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Gifts for Mom to look and feel great Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer seeso seeso seeso  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS
Customer Discussions > Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance forum

So where's Snake and who are the cyborgs?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 8, 2012 11:13:38 AM PDT
MacTuile says:
I saw the Metal Gear T-Rex version from Metal Gear Solid in there, but what happened to the rest of the game? Seriously though, let the game die already. It's no FF and even that saga is wearing thin, especially with the active battle system. Just looks like an over elaborate Tomb Raider or Devil May Cry.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 8, 2012 12:31:06 PM PDT
Raven says:
Well...it hasn't come out yet so I don't think any of us actually know if Snake will even be in the game.He might be mentioned but this one is more about Raiden than Snake.

In MGR, Raiden is a Cyborg Ninja.I assume you know what happened to him and all during the Big Shell Incident.Plus, I guess the Cyborgs are just another piece of Military equipment/soldier.I didn't see any in MGS4 but than again. MGR hasn't come out yet so I guess we'll have to wait to see.

Posted on Jul 8, 2012 1:46:22 PM PDT
MacTuile says:
Sorry, i shouldve put sarcasm tags in there. The series itself died along time ago and was reborn with PSX MGS. I lost interest after MGS2. Loosely followed the upcoming releases because of my brother (die hard fan i guess), so loosely i dont know how many there are... something about Sons of Liberty and a Snake Eater and another one where he's super old man. Now dont get me wrong, im not bashing this game, just the Saga or what seems to be raped of it. Im sure this game will have uber eye candies (with the whole "slice up your enemy like Ginsu" attack) and hack your way to the flaming samurai (personal opinion, i have nothing against anyone, thats their personal choice) which would be interesting... maybe. What im saying is, its lost the whole espionage and sneaking around to carry the.. not so much the "Metal Gear" name per-say, but the persona of the series itself. Anywhos, please take this post and my original post lightly. Personally, if the game is about Raiden, it should be called Metal Gear Raiden or The adventures of Raiden... or how about an entirely different name that picks up where Metal Gear left off. Maybe Raiden Gear..? Maybe Raiden Awesome Gear... no... ok. I will personally buy a copy of this game the day of its release and mail it to Egoraptor.

P.S. Now I know there are a bunch of you out there who are gonna jump on me and be like "Well how do you know theres no sneaking around, you havent played it cuz its not outz yetz". Tu che or however you spell that. Yes, that is very obvious, BUT dont show me right off the bat HACK HACK HACK SLASH GINSU ATTACK EPIC SLICE METAL GEAR IN HALF ATTACK and then tell me its an espionage game. Obviously the marketing team is not geared (no pun) in that direction. So, in all, not that I was lost by them, just checking it out and still disappointed.... not in this game, just the name it carries. Cuz when i think Metal Gear, i think cyborg ninjas (besides grey fox). Go google stuff.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 10, 2012 7:01:28 PM PDT
Raven says:
What do you mean it "died"?
There are a lot.There are the main ones which are Metal Gear, Metal Gear Solid 2:Sons of Liberty, Metal Gear 3:Snake Eater ,Metal Gear Solid 4:Guns of the Patriots, and there going to make a MGS5.And there are so many I can't type them all XP .There is more to Metal Gear Solid than just sneaking, it's the characters, and how well they are made.Like Raiden's childhood.I feel so bad for him and i'm kinda a fan-girl over him XD so I will DEFINITELY enjoy playing as him and seeing it from his Point of View.

Don't worry i'm not trying to be a jerk about it like most people do.I'm stating the facts and my opinion, just like you did.And it is, they named it Metal Gear Rising, not Metal Gear Solid.In Sons of Liberty you get to play as Raiden, but I don't know if it's for the whole game or not.I haven't played it yet.

It's Touché but I know what you meant XD.
Well, I'm not very fond of hack an slashes either but this game looks awesome.As a fan of the MGS series, I will definitely buy it.I might not like it but I might.Like DmC (Devil May Cry 5) It looks a lot different than what I use to play but I will give it a shot because I love the series and they never disappoint me.I hope you try MSR when it comes out so you could see for yourself.You might love it, but you don't know until you try it.At first I never thought I would live MGS but now I LOVE it.

Posted on Jul 14, 2012 8:45:01 PM PDT
MacTuile says:
Yes,it died with NES, was reborn with PSX. I might add, Yes, Metal Gear revolves around sneaking about. As a matter of fact, i believe you get some kind of award in MGS for NOT being seen at all. Im pretty sure the title has the words "Tactical espionage" in it as well. Doesnt really mean "sneaking about" per-say, but in my world it does imply it. Cyborg ninjas hacking away at eachother in broad daylight seems far far away from a "tactical espionage" view point that i see in my head, personally. Dont get me wrong, i understand your point of view and how much you <3 the new MG series, just try to understand when an old school gamer asks silly question like "whos the cyborg?". At the very least, they put the box in it, which was half a chuckle at best. Im assuming you havent played the original series on the NES...? its been awhile since ive played it, but being seen in the original, pretty much equaled death (in the beginning stages). Im just saying, going from NES MG to PSX MGS (was awesome graphics and game play improvement, keeping all the original factors), to cyborgs.... made my head explode. Like I said, i dropped it after MGS2, seeing Raiden run around nude made me cringe. Anywhos, have fun with the cyborgs and the epic OP ginsu attack.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 18, 2012 8:29:12 PM PDT
Raven says:
Yes it may be true, but I still can't tell if your bashing the new series, or you just want to know other people opinion and just want to discuss it.I like the sneaking thing, but I also like slashing enemies into tiny pieces.So I like a little bit of everything.Well, I never had a NES, the earliest I had was a PS2, Original Xbox, Game-cube and Gameboy SP Advance :'D.But I have the HD Collection of MGS3 Snake eater, MGS2 Sons of Liberty and the Peace Walker one.I just got it a couple days ago and there is more sneaking in these ones than in MGS4.Yeah I heard you have to play a level has him, nude.I was like oh great like I want to see some guys half naked ass.But I still love Raiden...somehow XD I haven't got that far but...I'm definitely not going to do as much cartwheels with all the enhanced graphics an all....
Those Japanese people, you gotta love them!

Posted on Aug 18, 2012 8:31:43 AM PDT
MacTuile says:
Nah, not bashing the new series... perhaps bashing the new direction the creators have taken, but then again, theres no snake, so no snake to me = not metal gear. i guess i was urked about, like another poster said "slap a title on something and expect it to sell" or something like that. doesnt make this game metal gear. I do understand this is a new series and is very visually stimulating (graphics all graphics). It seems to be a hack n slash (which im not partial to). Although the story line may be of interest. maybe it tells what happens to snake, is he coming back, is he dead, is he a cyborg also... anyways, yeah more or less just other posters opinions. im sure the game itself will be fun as a hack n slash, but in my opinion, without snake, its just not metal gear. Id give it a go if it hits PSN with a demo, but more than likely not going to purchase. I guess me as a gamer is fading, finally found that line, grew up with NES, always wanting the other game systems and now after what seems like forever, i have them all that i ever wanted (PS3, PS2(for PS2 games) Nintendo Gamecube*retired, Nintendo Wii, GBA SP, and PSP. No Xbox, i refuse to use that s****y controller. dont get me wrong, the only reason i had a gamecube was for metroid and zelda... possibly fire emblem. gamecubes controller was just as bad. Although im looking into the JDX3000 i think its called, pretty niffty little handheld. looks like a psp but plays NES,SNES,SEGA,PS1,Android apps, compatible with windows, uses Ice Cream Sandwhich OS and is 1080i compatible for hook up to HDTV's. But thats a different story lol.

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 25, 2012 7:26:44 PM PDT
While I agree desu desu ninja is silly. I am personally glad they didn't just change the plot to "and then another clone of big boss was made" or worse... they could do another remake of past plot and rehash it as...oh wait they did that. On a side note OP I personally enjoyed 3 and 4, they were still sneaking games. Granted 3 was by no means great... 4 more than made up for it. Granted... I hated the level layouts of 4, way to only make 2 directions to any objective.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  8
Initial post:  Jul 8, 2012
Latest post:  Aug 25, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about