Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Tile Wearable Technology Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Luxury Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Shop now Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback SnS
which Garmin is best? Which Garmin GPS is best and why...the Garmin nuvi 255W or the Garmin nuvi 1300 ( also a widescreen).
asked by Miss Garden Lily on September 23, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 answers
A
P. M. Bego answered on December 30, 2010
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Tom Tech answered on August 28, 2011
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
My read of the customer reviews supports the notion that the 255W is a terrific unit. Thanks for your reply.
George Abbott answered on October 10, 2010
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Is the 255W or 260W better? I'm specifically looking for one with MPH on on the screen so I can see how fast I'm traveling, and I can't find anything to tell me whether the 260 has it.
Joana Willert answered on November 24, 2010

A
yes, these can display one unit on the screen along with your navigation map. You can choose what it displays -- speed is one of the options, or you can put current heading (N, NE, SW, etc), miles to go to your destination, etc.

There also is another "dashboard" screen that displays a speedometer and a bunch of the other numeric values (but no map).

Overall a pretty versatile but still user-friendly choice of screens.
P. M. Bego answered on December 14, 2010

A
This is the exact question I have now. I am leaning toward the 1300LM mainly cause of the lifetime updates of maps. any advice? Thanks!
movie buff answered on December 30, 2010

A
Do any of the garmin units have a lithium battery that is replacable? I have a Nuvi that is barely 2 years old and the battery no longer works and I only can use this when plugged into my car. Seems like some units have non-replacable batteries.
Greg L answered on October 28, 2011

A
Thank you for a post that is easy to understand with good information! I have read many, many complaints about the Life Time Map updates because of the advertisements...many people are returning the units. It's hard to find one that is not part of this program. In this case "older is better'!
sue soeder answered on January 18, 2012

A
[Deleted by the author on Aug 28, 2011 10:02:08 PM PDT]
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product