Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 10.1 MP Digital Camera with 3.8x Optical Image Stabilized Zoom and 3.0-Inch LCD - Black (OLD MODEL)
Used & New from: $155.00
which one? Canon PowerShot S95 vs. Panasonic Lumix DMC-LX5 10.1 Hello fellow shoppers and experts

I am an amateur photographer, currently have Canon D40 SLR and want to buy something smaller but still have a great quality pictures. Any suggestions on which one to go with from the two? Canon PowerShot S95 or Panasonic Lumix?

thank you!!
asked by KUKUSHKA on March 18, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
Without a doubt the Panasonic is a better deal and camera for the money ,I have both the G12 and the LX5 and the Panasonic wins hands down in almost all aspects. Just My op of course.
R Hogan answered on March 24, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I had canon power shot Elf 870 ( great camera) and I replaced it with Lx5, but it did not meet the standards.I use this camera primarily indoor and I am getting the yellow/green shades in 50% of my shots. It really does not matter but the manual options are good. I am returning it and would like to get a Canon S100
S. chintala answered on March 27, 2012
Comment | 2 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
bump
Similar situation, have d5100 but heading overseas and lookin for something more portable. Specifically wondering how much the 10.1 megapixel matters in 2012, ie are the internal sensors/processing still enough to offset the low MP count compared to other later models?
Nick answered on March 20, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Thank you so much !! I am hearing the same thing from a number of people.
Appreciate the feedback!
KUKUSHKA answered on March 24, 2012

A
I am looking to buy my first camera in 7 years. I too am looking for something a little more portable than a DSLR. But I want a camera that effortlessly takes great pics. I am torn between the new Panasonic ZS20 and the Panasonic DMC LX5. If anyone could give a good compare contrast I would be glad to listen. Thanks
J. Cox answered on March 28, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›