which is better this or pandemic? I want to get one of these and am wondering which I should get. thanks
asked by Kim Wheatley on November 28, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 10 answers
A
votes
It really depends on what your criteria is. If you're trying to be thrifty...Forbidden Island. If you're playing with younger kids...Forbidden Island. If you looking for something easy to setup and put away...Forbidden Island. If you want something a tad more intricate and complex... Pandemic. If you're playing with teenagers and up... Pandemic. I would factor in the Pandemic expansion, "On the Brink" as well. It really makes Pandemic a great game even better! I like both.
Jack answered on November 29, 2010

A
votes
This is better than pandemic. Pandemic plays less "cooperative," and is much less forgiving for beginning players. Beginning players will become frustrated with the difficulty of pandemic and how little you seem to do while others who are more skilled with the game domineer and control the gameplay.
W. Madsen answered on December 1, 2010

A
votes
Start with Forbidden Island. If you like it and would like to step up, Pandemic is the way to go. Adding the On the Brink expansion to Pandemic brings even more thrills with a hidden terrorist player, who battles against the rest of the players.
Daniel L Edelen answered on September 19, 2012

A
votes
I agree. Forbidden Island is more of a casual family game. Even my 5 year can participate. Pandemic is for the older "hard-core" gamers.
Amazon Customer answered on March 9, 2011

A
vote
Buy Both! :)
D. Ward answered on February 15, 2014

A
votes
Pandemic is Forbidden Island level 2. They are both fun though. :)
Seth C. Dortch answered on May 1, 2014

A
votes
I feel like Pandemic gets boring after awhile whereas Forbidden Island remains fun. It helps that the board changes with every game as well.
shhaggy answered on May 8, 2014

A
votes
pandemic, did played both
Luis Enrique answered on July 3, 2014

A
votes
This
B. Harris answered on April 25, 2011

A
votes
Pandemic