To end all Forum whining George Lucas has OCD he has always had OCD

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Sep 3, 2011 9:03:22 PM PDT
J. Sheer says:
well a great quote from someone on the daily tech website
"He has OCD, he's always had OCD, and he will never stop messing with his films. It is why their initial quality was good, and now he keeps messing with them and causing them to be over shot, and worse as time goes on. Expect this behavior until he's dead. He doesn't know how to move on. "
Source:http://www.dailytech.com/Lucas+Makes+Drastic+Alterations+to+Upcoming+Star+Wars+BluRay+Release/article22623.htm

Posted on Sep 3, 2011 9:23:00 PM PDT
Blu Boy says:
That's fine, just give us both. I own both Apocalypse Now and the much worse Redux. I am down with him digitally replacing Mark Hamill with a talking donkey as long as I can have the original as well.

It really is his film, he can and will do what he likes with it, the problem is that he believes in a revisionist history where the original will be lost and only his inferior special editions and beyond will be remembered.

There are (and will) be people who get their hands on prints and clean them up themselves. I have a passable copy of the original trilogy that was taken from the recent "DVD" release (of the laserdisc master) and was cropped to make it animorphic. It feeds my need to watch these films but I own movies like Knocked Up and Friday on blu but I can't have one of the best film series ever made? Nonsense

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 4, 2011 4:47:02 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 4, 2011 4:48:45 PM PDT
If he does, he's not the only artist to retool. "Editing is never done" is a legitimately recognized approach some artists take to their work, including renowned authors and poets. I think there had been about seven editions of 'Leaves of Grass' out by the time Mr. Whitman died, each with more new poems added to them over the course of decades. I guess he didn't know how to move on, either. No matter; in this case, he had no obligation to do so.

Posted on Sep 5, 2011 2:18:08 PM PDT
Haha, I have thought about this numerous times. Of all the changes he's made, some are so minor (ewoks blinking?) that I can't believe he even though about it. I actually think ewoks blinking is cool. But I think Obi-Wan's yell should be like the T-Rex from Jurassic Park. That would scare off those Tusken Raiders! (I'm only joking about Obi's yell, by the way. Not serious at all.)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 5, 2011 6:39:07 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 5, 2011 6:40:08 PM PDT
Considering tiny details is part of a filmmaker or storyteller's job. Some may be generally OCD in other areas; some may not. I think it must be something you get used to when trying to orchestrate the creation of a film. As far as the ewoks, the limitations of the masks may well have bothered him at the time, although I'm not sure why he waited until now to revise it in that case. In any event, that's not an alteration I've have noticed in all likelihood, were it not for leaks.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  4
Total posts:  5
Initial post:  Sep 3, 2011
Latest post:  Sep 5, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Episodes I-VI) [Blu-ray]
Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Episodes I-VI) [Blu-ray] by Mark Hamill (Blu-ray - 2011)
3.5 out of 5 stars   (3,920)