Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon The Jayhawks Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Grocery Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando ReadyRide Bikes from Diamondback Learn more
wi-fi versus the wifi3g Can anyone give me any advice on which one is the best? Is the 3g worth the extra $$$? When i buy a wireless router will the wifi preform the same as the 3g?
asked by J. Humphrey on July 1, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 13 answers
A
Skye answered on July 7, 2010
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
DaveS answered on July 4, 2010
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
the iPad comes unlocked so if you are traveling in a foreign country and want to purchase a Micro SD card for your iPad, go ahead. I am American but I am stationed in Germany where T-Mobile is the official carrier for the iPad and had no problem getting a card for my 3G version.
Scion Selfie answered on July 13, 2010
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
With the ipad with wifi only you can use you home internet service with a wireless outer and it will perform better, if you get the ipad wifi/3g you have to pay a montly fee, I think is like $29 per month but you can use it anywhere just 3G.
Kami answered on July 4, 2010
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
You can buy a "MiFi" personal wireless modem from Verizon or other carrier and then you can use the iPad anywhere with wireless. However the modem needs recharging every few hours. For wireless in the US, try your local public libraries!
D. Melanogaster answered on July 22, 2010
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes, I would like some advice on this too. In simple language for me. I also want to know if I take it to Europe, does the 3G work? The advertising says global access...and will the GPS work without having to paying for the 3G contract.
K. Nilson answered on July 2, 2010
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
i was hoping someone would be kind enough to give some advice ......but no luck. more people like us may need some help, too. i can tell you i talked to an apple surrport person and he told me with the 3g, i can go anywhere and have access, so i guess europe would be in there ,lol.
J. Humphrey answered on July 3, 2010

A
Yes we have 3g in Europe.
onlyme1234 answered on July 25, 2010

A
And in holland u can choose from three carriers. I purchased an iPad with 3g and a pre paid micro sim from t-mobile. It works perfectly though obviously slower than my wifi. Also the gps along with wifi or 3g can pinpoint my location quite precisely.
onlyme1234 answered on July 25, 2010

A
Is there a way to turn off the 3G when you are not using it?
James Kanter answered on September 12, 2011
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product