Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-22 of 22 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Nov 22, 2011 10:59:45 AM PST
There's nothing on the cover to indicate that this is a widescreen DVD set. It's mentioned on the product details, but I'm concerned this might be a misprint.

Does anyone know?

Posted on Nov 24, 2011 9:03:47 AM PST
RAB says:
yes, this is a widescreen set.

Posted on Nov 25, 2011 9:15:29 PM PST
Melissa Webb says:
Does this set come in fullscreen, or just widescreen?

Posted on Dec 26, 2011 1:43:20 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Dec 26, 2011 1:51:20 PM PST]

Posted on Aug 1, 2012 6:08:03 PM PDT
KiWiSouP says:
I was under the impression that studios didn't bother releasing fullscreen versions of movies anymore due to there being NO DEMAND. Join the 21st century!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2012 4:03:47 PM PST
Maybe there is no demand because there is NO availability!!! I still PREFER fullscreen, but will buy widescreen if that's all that's offered. The studio doesn't offer because they cut expenses by only offering one version. Alas, greed is killing everything!!!

Posted on Nov 25, 2012 4:19:30 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 25, 2012 4:20:42 PM PST
KiWiSouP says:
If you have a tv that would benefit from a full screen format, then your tv is over ten years old. Why support old technology when everybody else is upgrading? Even when i had an older tv i preferred widescreen because it is the way the director intended without cutting off a third of the image. DVD players have zoom options that do the same thing basically

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2012 4:24:23 PM PST
"If you have a tv that would benefit from a full screen format, then your tv is over ten years old. Why support old technology when everybody else is upgrading? "

I purchased a NEW flat screen less than a year ago & it still has full screen capability...part of which helped me to decide to buy it. I have enough of an imagination that I don't require that extra third of a screen in order to know what is going on. If you do, I'm glad you enjoy it!!!

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2012 4:27:48 PM PST
KiWiSouP says:
You clearly don't understand technology. Widescreen IS full screen on an LCD TV because they are wider. If you watch a full screen movie on an LCD tv then it is either stretched horizontally or there are bars on the left and right instead of the top and bottom.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2012 4:34:00 PM PST
What I understand has absolutely NOTHING to do with what I prefer.
I hope you enjoy your widescreen...just don't be arrogant to those of us who don't!!! Now go back to watching your widescreen so I can enjoy my fullscreen.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2012 4:36:52 PM PST
KiWiSouP says:
You are making no sense and having an LCD completely negates watching full screen
Because watching a full screen movie movie on a widescreen tv is NOT full screen and also not what you are claiming to prefer. But what do i know
Ive only been paid to be knowledgeable about this stuff. Lol

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2012 4:42:03 PM PST
You may have been paid to be knowledgeable about TV but you're clearly going to be penniless if you're employed by 'Polite and Non-Arrogant Inc'. You won't be able to teach anything with that attitude so you may as well keep your opinions to yourself

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2012 4:46:52 PM PST
KiWiSouP says:
You can't teach old dogs new tricks. May as well be speaking another language because clearly you cant wrap your head around something so simple and clearly you are the stubborn and arogant one that doesnt have a clue and just flat out doesnt want to. You are clearly not understandin what i am trying to explain and that has nothing to do with preference. Im not going to continue arguing with someone that doesnt have the faintest idea what they're talking about. Enjoy watching full screen movies on your new widescreen tv.

Posted on Nov 25, 2012 4:48:47 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 25, 2012 4:50:43 PM PST
KiWiSouP says:
My career in technology is behind me. I make a pretty penny doing other things that don't involve dealing with morons. Thank you though. The last movie modified for full screen tvs came out in 2005 or 2006. That should answer any future questions about weather or not a movie is full screen.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2012 4:51:02 PM PST
I'm the original poster, not the one you're getting all rude to. I asked a simple question and get inundated with irrelevant replies.

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2012 4:55:20 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Nov 25, 2012 4:56:06 PM PST
KiWiSouP says:
Dont even give me rude when i wasnt even talking to you and you have nothing but insults to hurl at me. This is just getting comically hypocritical and redundant

Posted on Nov 25, 2012 5:03:10 PM PST
[Deleted by Amazon on Nov 25, 2012 5:27:59 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 25, 2012 5:03:16 PM PST
Leigh...I'm sorry for assisting to the irrelevance to your question!!! RAB responded that it is a widescreen set & I ordered off of that response. I won't have my order until Wednesday & will give you a serious reply then.

Posted on Nov 25, 2012 5:10:55 PM PST
KiWiSouP says:
Hey. If someone prefers full screen...i really dont care. The whole back and forth argument was about hoe watching a full screen movie on a widescreen tv is the equivalent to watching a widescreen movie on a full screen tv. This argument only applies to one person that it actually effects. Full screen does not mean full screen when watched on a widescreen tv and i think the term full screen is what caused that confusion. She was arguing about having a right to her preference when i was arguing that her preference of having her tv screen filled up without black bars was not being accomplished by purchasing a movie formatted for an antirely different tv size despite the confusing "full screen" label

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 4:43:47 AM PST
XTABAN says:
Way to go Marsha. Stand up for what you want and believe. I hope KiwiSoup managed to learn something from you, I sure did . Thanks.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 4:44:14 AM PST
XTABAN says:
You Said it.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 22, 2012 4:46:56 AM PST
XTABAN says:
Find a nice Tall Bridge somewhere and lean over the edge; then shout what you say to what lies below and leave these people alone.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  8
Total posts:  22
Initial post:  Nov 22, 2011
Latest post:  Dec 22, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 5 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about