Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Mudcrutch Father's Day Gift Guide 2016

wii balance board step aerobics

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-25 of 56 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Mar 24, 2009 4:31:39 PM PDT
KnitsinMaine says:
I wish that they would come up with another wii balance board game for step aerobics that had good songs; sorta like a dance revolution but for the balance board!!! Anyone with me?

Posted on Mar 25, 2009 5:05:39 AM PDT
C Andrews says:
I totally agree! My daughter and I love the step aerobics on the Wii Fit, but I wish there were others because that does get old after awhile.

Posted on Mar 25, 2009 3:53:16 PM PDT
Doris Naser says:
I like to step on the Wii but it doesn't go fast enough. Sometimes I get frustrated when I get Oks and not Perfects because I want to move faster.

Posted on Mar 30, 2009 7:42:57 PM PDT
I agree. I love the step aerobics on the balance board but, now I'm looking for something a little bit more challenging. Anyone know if there is anything in the works for an additional game for this?

Posted on Mar 31, 2009 5:43:31 AM PDT
JessaRox says:
It will probably be included in EA Sports Active. I don't know for sure, though.

I do know that you can do free step and move as quickly or as slowly as you want, regardless of the rhythm they give you. I do the free step while listing to my Ipod. I can do almost 1000 steps in 10 minutes. It's a great workout, especially with the riser I just got at Toys R Us.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 31, 2009 2:42:26 PM PDT
KnitsinMaine says:
I really like the wii fit step with the person showing me what I'm suppose to be doing; I just wish they offered some different music or songs.

Posted on Mar 31, 2009 3:58:16 PM PDT
CarolinaStar says:
The advanced step and free step is pretty much all I do anymore. In 45 mins, I burn around 300 calories according to my BodyBugg. I am looking forward to the EA Sports Active Game but would also love a just step game.

On the free step, I usually will speed it up as fast as the pace will go and then still step a little faster. I am usually over 1000 steps in the 10 mins.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 1, 2009 4:17:36 PM PDT
JessaRox says:
J. Smith, I do the same thing. I speed it up, turn off the sound that it makes for the rhythm, and step away.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 2, 2009 5:55:39 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 2, 2009 5:56:06 AM PDT
Actually, I wish for something a bit more... What I want is for Nintendo to mash together "Animal Crossing", "Wii FIt" and their Wii Talk accessory and create a Massively Multiplayer Online Fitness Game. Think how fun it would be to meet friends online and take a jog around the island with them (Talking to them using the microphone)...

Posted on Apr 2, 2009 2:00:44 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 2, 2009 2:01:14 PM PDT
JessaRox says:
Timothy, I'm sure that something like that is in the works. Nintendo didn't create the Wii Speak just for Animal Crossing. That's just the first thing they put it out with. Nintendo has some smart cookies. I'm definitely looking forward to some great things from them in the near future.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 2, 2009 2:49:54 PM PDT
Nancy Oates says:
Yes, I am totally with you!! I think the balance board could have so much more created for it - especially with good music - or some kind of game aspect to it.

Posted on Apr 5, 2009 3:32:05 PM PDT
dante joy says:
I now have Wii Fit and just unlocked the Free Step, but I don't understand what you are supposed to do?

Posted on Apr 5, 2009 4:12:33 PM PDT
M. McCarthy says:
I agree...I love Wii fit step aerobics and usually do the 30minutes of free step everyday. Sadly, even if you speed up the pace as fast as it will go it still isn't fast enough once you've been doing it for awhile. Also, I have noticed that if you go too fast it doesn't count your steps accurately. I too am hoping and praying for a whole new game devoted to step aerobics with the balance board. On a sidenote...don't waste your money on the Jillian Micheals game...it is bad graphics, bad music, doesn't pick up your movements, etc. I actually returned it and the salesman told me that they were having many returns with it.

Posted on Apr 9, 2009 8:25:11 AM PDT
James Muir says:
I really really really want a longer step workout and would love something to make the balance board higher. I love the step exercise and would like to get more out of it. I get fed up with it ending after 4-5 minutes.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 9, 2009 8:28:46 AM PDT
There is a riser for the balance board to make it higher that just came out... It's on Amazon (I think it's $29.99 but don't quote me). As for making it longer - go to the "Free Step" and you can go all the way up to 30 minutes at a time....

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 9, 2009 3:52:50 PM PDT
Dante joy,

The point of free step is that you can watch a tv show,or listen to music, while stepping. You can just step on and off, or you can decide to do side steps or kicks whenever you want. When you get to the point of stepping for half an hour or longer, it's boring to just watch the Mii. the instructions should tell you how to do it.

HTH

Posted on Apr 9, 2009 4:10:46 PM PDT
dante joy says:
homecooking - thanks so much for answering my question - I am going to check that out - I have the Wii hooked up to my tv so I didn't know I could watch tv and do Wii at same time - that would be great if I can figure out how to do it.

I am going to check out the riser too - thanks - I enjoy this thread

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 10, 2009 5:31:33 AM PDT
Mott says:
yes, the song on the new GOLD GYM cardio...is awful, but the program is great, just listen to EYE OF THE TIGER

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 10, 2009 5:32:25 AM PDT
Mott says:
The have the NEW increase for the balance board, I like the aerobic but need a little higher step with it...

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 10, 2009 5:36:03 AM PDT
I appreciate that they allowed the user to choose from a number of songs in Golds Gym.... I just wish that they had chosen a slightly better collection to choose from ("Eye of the Tiger" is about the only one that is okay)....

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 14, 2009 5:24:25 AM PDT
Dawn says:
I play on "free step", put my ipod on (or change the channel) and put the wii board on top of my aerobic step. I get a more intense workout.

Posted on Apr 22, 2009 11:10:05 PM PDT
Dawn,
I do the same thing. Put the wii board on an aerobic step (interested to see what the wii step is going to get for reviews). I turn the tv on and check back during commercial. I also use hand weight to get some upper body in as well. This makes it a real good cardio workout. I have found that adding the hand weights makes it difficult enought that I am not stepping too fast and getting unregistered steps.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 25, 2009 5:50:26 PM PDT
K. Smith says:
I agree with you on the Jillian Michaels. I also returned it because I could not get it to pick up my movements. I thought maybe I had a bad copy, so it is nice to know someone else had problems with it.

Posted on Apr 26, 2009 8:59:10 AM PDT
M. Nelson says:
I think someone needs to make a Wii balance board step arobics game where you can create your own step routine and length. That would be outstanding, and sounds like it'd be something that'd be so simple to program as well.

Things ideally this fictional game should have.
Balance board support with ok's, miss's and perfects as well as goal tracking/scores.
Ability to create your own routine with kicks, side steps, regular steps, sideways steps, etc.
Ability to choose the speed of the routine and speed-up/slow-down during the routine.
Ability to create any length of routine.
Ability to save multiple routines (at least 20?) Perhaps even the option to play a routine x number of times non-stop.
Ability to select different types of music, and maybe even have some good music instead of just generic types.

When someone creates a program like this, and if it actually works, I bet this would sell really well.

Posted on May 5, 2009 6:17:54 AM PDT
C. Boudreaux says:
I also love the "step aerobics" part of Wii Fit and want more of it. Hope Nintendo is listening.
‹ Previous 1 2 3 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  38
Total posts:  56
Initial post:  Mar 24, 2009
Latest post:  Feb 20, 2015

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 10 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about