Automotive Deals HPCC Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Enter for the chance to win front row seats to Barbra Streisand Water Sports

wii u only starter pack edition?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 9, 2012 5:13:12 PM PDT
i have the origional skylanders, for the wii and need a starter pack for the wii u? seriously? doesn't it come with a usb port as well.

Posted on Oct 12, 2012 6:23:45 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jan 14, 2013 2:44:10 PM PST
Steve says:
The original Wii portal and software are 100% compatable with Wii U. All Wii accessories, controllers, and games will work on the Wii U. The skylanders will retain their stats and work on any platform. The portal owner's pack is not a very good deal on any platform anyhow. It makes more sense to spend $15 more for the starter pack because you get an additional 2 new skylanders and a portal. The extra skylanders are worth $20 by themselves.

Posted on Nov 29, 2012 4:46:11 AM PST
A. Stefaniak says:
Wow. Considering Amazon's current prices for either the starter OR the portal owner's pack are the same (except for the Wii, curiously, which is still about List Price), there's really no need to worry about that. Though it would have made sense to assume that a Wii U owner MIGHT have also been a Wii owner and already had the portal, so making an owner's pack available isn't incomprehensible.

Posted on Dec 14, 2012 9:05:33 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Dec 14, 2012 9:07:59 PM PST
Steve says:
To save $15, getting the "owner's pack" makes no sense regardless of console used.

Posted on Dec 30, 2012 8:15:47 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Jan 10, 2013 1:00:19 PM PST
Steve says:
It is my understanding that the Wii portal is not compatable with the Wii U software. Also, the Wii U portal is corded (like the xbox version) most likely for a reason. I suppose the Wii owner's pack would work, but then you won't be able to play on the Wii U control pad, and would be 480p at best. Again, not worth the few bucks you would save.

Posted on Jan 3, 2013 5:30:32 AM PST
A. Stefaniak says:
Both portals are compatible with both games/systems. We've been switching back and forth between them to build up stats and gold in the old game while playing the levels in the new. The ability to play the Giants game entirely on the Gamepad makes that pretty cool. And as it turned out, I was able to grab the Wii U starter pack for $15 less than list and return the Wii version we'd purchased earlier from another toy store's online site. We missed out on a free Legendary Drill Sergeant, but it wasn't a Series 2 figure, so no big loss.

Posted on Jan 10, 2013 12:57:15 PM PST
Steve says:
So you are saying you can play Wii U Giants with the same wireless portal that came with Wii Spyro's adventure starter kit?

Posted on Jan 10, 2013 1:18:40 PM PST
A. Stefaniak says:
That's correct. Old portal can be used with new game and vice versa.

Posted on Jan 14, 2013 4:11:06 PM PST
Steve says:
Appoligies A. Stefaniak. Apparently I was misinformed by a big box employee (again). Why can't they just say "I donno"? Still, at the the time I write this, the price gap between starter and owner's packs (the other consoles) has dropped to 5 bucks making even less sense than before. I can't figure Activision's marketing on this. I suspect a price drop on owner's versions soon due to lack of sales.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  9
Initial post:  Oct 9, 2012
Latest post:  Jan 14, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about