Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Pink Floyd Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports
Customer Discussions > Mario Party 9 forum

wii u push

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Aug 23, 2011 4:10:10 PM PDT
thinker says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Sep 20, 2011 1:25:18 AM PDT
R. Cooper says:
The Wii U is backwards-compatible with all Wii games, so that would serve little point.

Posted on Nov 13, 2011 1:57:26 PM PST
Steve Kelly says:
Well, it would provide different experiences and would do well to show off the Wii U's new features. I just hope Nintendo decides to make more Mario Party games for the Wii U.

Posted on Nov 23, 2011 7:57:17 AM PST
Jack Treese says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Dec 6, 2011 5:45:15 PM PST
Jake Garrett says:
Whats wrong with a system everyone can enjoy? Want it too be all beef cake macho dudes raining bullets from machine guns in every game? "Hardcore" enough for you? Get over yourself.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 6, 2011 5:58:04 PM PST
Jack Treese says:

Posted on Dec 7, 2011 9:42:11 PM PST
Jake Garrett says:
Mario Party has it's place with alot of people. I don't buy the MP games, but they are there, and belong a lot more rehashed shooters/zombie/flavor of the week. Personally, I'd like to see the variety that was available on the original Playstation back.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 8, 2011 5:46:41 AM PST
Jack Treese says:
So, you sorta agree with me then. Why bother telling someone on Amazon to get over themselves? And I hear ya, there are too many shooters and zombie games... but just because I have high hopes for the Wii U, hardcore speaking, doesn't mean that's all I play.

There's this nasty perception going on with gaming lately--if you like the PS3/360, you're too ignorant to enjoy more casual fare, and if you like the Wii you play nothing but kid's games. It's a nasty perception that needs to end. Can't all gamers just get along?

That's where the ideas of the Wii U kicks in. That's what I was getting at before. I'm not arguing Mario Party has its place, I was just simply stating how I'm not part of that group.

Posted on Jan 12, 2012 5:15:49 AM PST
Jack Treese says:
...though I will admit, I'm liking that cover art!

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 11, 2012 6:06:41 PM PDT
CleverK says:
And yet, while you admit YOU are not all that much part of the Mario Party market, you would advocate for doing away with it moving forward in Nintendo's systems, so that the games on Wii U are more limited to the hard core gamer?

While his reaction might've been a touch overkill, that's why he said get over yourself. It's a very me-centric position; you might not buy them, but plenty of others will. The Wii U might have more hardcore gaming involved, but it should also continue to be for those of us - with families especially - who really enjoy Mario Party and similar games. But fortunately, I highly doubt the Wii U is going to ignore the family-friendly market, since at this point the only other system really courting that market is a portion of the Kinect games.

Plus, not all of us can afford the kind of money Xbox w/Kinect costs. Traditionally Nintendo's systems are in a slightly lower price point, again making them affordable for families. Hopefully they won't abandon this behavior either. It's bad enough I can never afford new consoles until a year or two in, when they drop off their original price.

Me, I wish Wii would've delved more into inventory-puzzle based Adventure games (like Crystal Key, Black Dahlia and the Journeyman series), which have only ever been consistently made for PCs. I always thought the Wiimote system was ideal for that kind of interaction. But alas, those games never make enough money to keep them in production.

Posted on Mar 12, 2012 3:04:52 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Mar 12, 2012 3:28:06 AM PDT
Jack Treese says:
I don't see how my having an opinion, makes me at all "me-centric?"
Other than that, thank you for making yet another argument that I've already heard. Next time, I'll know better than to give a negative opinion of a video game on amazon. I am SOOOO sorry.

Posted on Mar 12, 2012 11:22:29 AM PDT
CleverK says:
You didn't offer an opinion, you said that something should cease to be because of your opinion of it - different entirely. Saying that a game shouldn't continue to be made, because you have no further interest in it, is "me-centric." For instance, I have zero interest in FPS games in general, never been my thing, yet I would never suggest that they shouldn't exist or there should be less of them just because I don't like them. Because there are a few billion people on this planet and I fully acknowledge that there's no reason the world should revolve around only my views of what's entertaining.

I presented rational reasons on why I believe Nintendo's consoles should continue to be as much for the family gamers as for the hard-core gamers, and I didn't get remotely nasty about it (I even said that Jake went a bit far with the "get over yourself" comment). But, if you can't take contrary opinions without acting "butt-hurt," maybe you should consider not being part of such discussions. Because if only one side is offering opinions it's not a discussion, it's a lecture.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Discussion in:  Mario Party 9 forum
Participants:  6
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Aug 23, 2011
Latest post:  Mar 12, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Mario Party 9
Mario Party 9 by Nintendo (Nintendo Wii)
4.2 out of 5 stars (565)