Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports STEM
[UPDATED] asked by JDMoose on April 1, 2010
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 27 answers
A
NLee the Engineer answered on July 1, 2010
Comment | 10 of 13 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
My guess is that you should be able to charge eneloop AAA cells inside your Panasonic DECT 6.0 phone. The phone only knows that a new set of batteries has been inserted after a power interruption, So it will give you the standard "Please charge phone for 7 hours" message. But it cannot know what type of battery is placed in it. The factory-equipped AAA NiMH cells are probably lower capacity (~600mAh) type. That's why the eneloop AAA (~800mAh) works better. It is safe to use higher capacity batteries in a slow-charger designed for lower capacity batteries..
NLee the Engineer answered on December 11, 2010
Comment | 7 of 9 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The problem is that most likely the phone charger is a dumb straight, non terminating charger that is completely overcharging the eneloops. I really am annoyed at Panasonic for doing something in their phones such that a completed charged set of eneloops will show up as need to be charged. Stupid. I want to charge my eneloops in my own smart charger, not the dumb phone cradle chargers.
Lance answered on May 29, 2011
Comment | 5 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
S. Damon answered on January 8, 2012
Comment | 5 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Thank you for the info. A few days ago, I got the 'Eneloops' anyway. Maybe my stock Panasonic batteries had run their useful life course, because the Eneloops work very well and last much longer than the Panasonics. Plus the 7 hour audio and text recharge message does pop up when they run low (someone had suggested that the phone just 'dies', with no message). In any case, I can always use the Eneloops until I am not satisfied with their performance. They only cost me like ten bucks for 4.
CQ DX answered on July 1, 2010
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Thanks for the lowdown. I didn't spend much money for the Eneloops, so as long as the work better than the Panasonic stock batteries, i'm happy for now. I will look into the batteries you mentioned though if I need to.
CQ DX answered on July 1, 2010

A
So what is the conclusion? :-)

I have a panasonic dect 6.0 phone and its batteries are no good. I am using eneloop and charging them on panasonic charger because if I charge my eneloop (from Costco pack) and put them in the phone, I get an error message - "Please charge phone for 7 hours". These eneloop work so much better than panasonic batteries.

How does charging on panasonic charger that comes with the phone affect eneloop?
AK answered on December 11, 2010

A
I've been using eneloop generation 1 batteries in my panasonic cordless phones for 6 months. No problems; never expected any anyhow.
L Alene Lee answered on November 4, 2012

A
S. Damon answered on June 30, 2010
Comment | 4 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
S. Damon answered on June 30, 2010
Comment | 9 of 13 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   3   Next ›

See all questions about this product