MW3 will charge a subscription Fee on top of XBOX Live

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 8, 2010 12:23:28 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 8, 2010 12:30:31 PM PDT
A. Catalano says:
This months Game Informer magazine has confirmed what I knew was inevitable. Call of Duty MW3 will charge a monthly subscription fee to play online on top OF THE XBOX 360 Live subscription. The fee will be between 6.99 and 8.99 a month. Infinity ward why not just make 9.99 Month you greedy bastards.

I have a PS3 and Xbox 360. PS3 had problems on day 2 with MW2 online, if they get those fixed for MW3 I will probaly buy MW3 for PS3.

Posted on Apr 9, 2010 11:23:33 AM PDT
Both Game Informer and you must have a gigantic crystal ball on steroid consider MW3 is not even in planning phase.

Posted on Apr 15, 2010 8:43:58 AM PDT
A. Zahnd says:
@ A. Catalano

Sounds to me like you created this post for a combination of shock value and trolling. Maybe next you'll tell us that MW3 will have shock value and trolling available as "Create a Class" perks. Looks like you're way ahead of the game.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 15, 2010 11:53:33 PM PDT
FireFish says:
Can you post a source link for this article for others to read more about?

Posted on Apr 22, 2010 1:49:35 PM PDT
Vito says:
I dont even know if that is possible in Xbox Live?

Posted on May 7, 2010 9:59:57 AM PDT
Michael Kim says:
http://www.gamasutra.com/view/news/28357/Analysts_Activision_To_Thrive_On_StarCraft_II_New_Business_Models.php

it's pretty well known... though this one is a recent article. original poster is not a troll.

Posted on Jul 2, 2010 10:42:56 PM PDT
I wasn't planning on getting MW3. This is another huge reason to not get it.

Posted on Jul 3, 2010 10:31:30 AM PDT
Okay.Wow. I just decided that I am never going to play a game from activation again.

As if modernwarefare two didn't have enough problems with hackers glitchers and modders now they have to go and charge you to play their horribly defective games? who in their right mind would pay even 6.99 to get to play mw3 online? and for one month? Jeez.

I just got over the fact that I had to pay an extra thirty dollars to play MW3 with all the maps it shouldnhave had at it's original release, and now they want us to pay per month? On top of the XBOX gold fees? I would rather that they just made the game cost A couple hundered dollars and never have to pay extra, but after the quality of MW2(which suffered because activation was to buisy trying to rip off their employees then put out a good game) I wasn't even sure if I would get MW3.

I hope that they do relese this new game exactly as they said, with fees and all, and it bankrupts them because nobody wants to pay for it, and RESPAWN STUDIOS, (run by the old heads of Infinity Ward, and containing most of the infinity ward staff) releases a new game that is much better and free.

then they get all of our money because they actually deserve it, BECAUSE THEY ARENT CHEAP MONEY GRUBBING @$$holes LIKE ACTIVISION!!!!!!!

Posted on Apr 26, 2011 7:19:16 AM PDT
Fani says:
I refuse to pay $60 for 5 hr Single Player. Henceforth, I only pay max $30 for <6 hr SP. $40 for <9hr SP and $60 for ~12hr SP. (like Portal 2 which I gladly paid $60 for). Also, i refuse to pay $60 for any PC game. I'll just wait till its cheaper or I can reduce its price thanks to Amazon promotions.

Posted on May 15, 2011 6:37:45 AM PDT
C. Toole says:
All I can offer is that a good friend of mine was paid to do some market research from infinity which was all based around what prices one would be prepared to pay per month to play call of duty for the next game. It sounds very likely that there will be some subscription.

Posted on May 29, 2011 6:44:08 AM PDT
Sean Ng says:
I am a former subscriber to Game Informer and nothing has been mentioned about a Fee to play multi-player for Modern Warfare 3. The game is way past the planning stages and many features of the game is complete. Activision suffered a terrible leak that gave out the maps, location, and the spec ops modes that are available in the sequel of the game. This leak has spurred spurred up Activision to Release the trailers early but however has been in their favor. (more views than normal 2.8 million)

Before any of you people reading begin to freak out, take the time to actually think where think, "where is this guy coming up with the intel".

Posted on Jun 1, 2011 9:41:06 PM PDT
Aaron says:
Let me Clear some things up so you can stop giving false info. The subscription fee is just extra content and has nothing to do with paying to PLAYING ONLINE AT ALL. The service is like Bungie with Halo. So don't get your panties in a bunch nerds. MW3 What what!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 24, 2011 8:31:53 AM PDT
I believe it i heard that from a friend that read it from a game informer, i didnt want it to be true but i think it its.

Posted on Oct 20, 2011 7:23:12 PM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Oct 20, 2011 7:24:56 PM PDT]

Posted on Nov 22, 2011 1:24:17 PM PST
Well I guess you were wrong. lol
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  15
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  Apr 8, 2010
Latest post:  Nov 22, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 6 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 - Xbox 360
Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 - Xbox 360 by Activision Inc. (Xbox 360)
4.3 out of 5 stars   (989)