Customer Discussions > Fantastic Four [Blu-ray] forum

will the extended version fix the holes?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Apr 27, 2007 3:29:01 PM PDT
I was SO dissapointed by this movie! It rushed thru and worked more for action and smaltzy emotions than anythiing real.
Was taht Dr. Doom, or The Green Goblin? It was hard to tell, since they were BOTH CEOs who get their companies taken away from them. Guess what, Spider-Man did it far better!
And I read an interview with Arad that he bet we would cry for The Thing. Oh really now? Was that when that "w"itch of a girl somehow broke the laws of physics to get to the bridge to witness his heroics, but somehow still came forward only to leave him his ring? DUDE! She's a jerk! If he didn't see it in her before, that just makes him an idiot, why should i root for him?
And ... I'm just not sure about the Johnny character. I'll let it be.
And Jessica Allba just looks weird as a blonde! I didn't buy it.
But what REALLY ticked me off was the total failure of logic that wa at the end! I'm not giving anythign away in case you haven't seen it, but how did that happen when it was so hard to happen in the first place adn how did that character get there so fast adn in that manner!
This movie in the theatre was terrible because of all the mistakes in logic and referencing other movies that I kept being pulled from the movie. After the greatness of Sider-Man taht Arad witnessed, you'd think they'd at least TRY to do the same for Fantastic Four.
I wonder if this different version fixes some things. I just don't see it doing it drasticly enough, like with Dr. Doom looking like The Green Goblin. That was just sad!
I'm surprised they are even making a sequel, especialy when far better movies often go without sequels ("Unbreakable" deserves to be a trilogy so we can see the whole story, and thus judge it properly, for example).
The theatrical was a fantastic mess. I hope the extended version makes it better and they improve light years ahead for the sequel.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 10, 2009 10:09:10 AM PDT
S. S. Larsen says:
The extended cut does improve the movie, although the editing sucks in a couple spots. And theres a ridiculous scene in the middle that should not have been added.

Posted on Mar 30, 2009 8:04:23 PM PDT
Wayne Klein says:
The extended version is better than the theatrical cut. Yes, it has holes in the plot and issues with the logic of the plot at times however it captures the overall feeling of the comic book's dysfunctional family. When a movie has this many screenwriters (at leas six people worked on the script), there are bound to be leaps of logic and problems with the script.

However, I think they did a good job of incorporating the origin story for all the characters altering it in a believeable and workable way for the film. That's not to make excuses for it either--Tim Burton's "Batman" also had major flaws with narrative/story logic and gaps.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  3
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Apr 27, 2007
Latest post:  Mar 30, 2009

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 1 customer

Search Customer Discussions