Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Jake Owen Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

will this be a playstation move only release?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-16 of 16 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 28, 2011 7:32:47 PM PDT
i have read in a few places that this title will be move and sharp shooter compatible, however i am wondering: will standard controllers also be an option?

i have not yet invested in the playstation move equipment, and would find it expensive to do so for one title...though if i had to, this would be the title i would do it for!

any information is appreciated!

Posted on Aug 1, 2011 10:18:41 PM PDT
M. Pereira says:
I'm not sure if it's Playstation Move only, though I imagine it would be. It is an on rails shooter designed for motion controls so I doubt it'd even play well with a dualshock if it supported it

In reply to an earlier post on Aug 2, 2011 6:17:51 PM PDT
I'm pretty sure it'll use the dualshock as well. It's actually not very hard at all to play these games with a controller. Adjust the movement speed of the analog sticks or sensitivity of the sixaxis, assign reloading to a shoulder button, done. That said, it's meant for play with the Move so that's priority number #1. This, Time Crisis, No More Heroes - all "compatible" with Move but not requiring it.

Posted on Aug 8, 2011 11:21:35 PM PDT
i had defaulted to assuming it would be primarily for dualshock, but was concerned about potentially having to make the hefty investment into the move peripherals.

phillip, thank you! your information is appreciated!

Posted on Aug 28, 2011 11:32:29 PM PDT
Andrew Ward says:
I personally would prefer to play a rail shooter with the Move components. Paid 150 bucks for the Full Deployment Edition of Socom 4 since I figured it was a deal. However, I would think since this is House of the Dead, that using the big-ass gun that came with Socom 4: FDE would be a no-no and it'd be best to use the Shooting Attachment instead.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 6, 2011 1:58:12 PM PDT
andrew, agreed. i have hod: overkill for the wii and would find it cumbersome to use anything other than the pistol-type peripheral for gameplay. i would also prefer to play this with the move, but am unsure about dropping that much money for two full sets of equipment. sure i just preordered the game for $29.99, but with the move gear, it would be the most expensive game i'd ever bought. :)

Posted on Sep 21, 2011 2:48:51 PM PDT
Waldo says:
There are other Move games avail and coming out, so it's not like it's a waste of money! Well depends how often you use it anyways!

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2011 2:54:23 PM PDT
i hear you, greg! i just have to think more about purchases like this than i used to. if i didn't, i would have the ps move setup already! i'd love to use it for littlebigplanet2 and heavy rain. not to mention hod: overkill.

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 21, 2011 4:46:10 PM PDT
Waldo says:
Yeah I never would have bought the Move, but I got it on sale for like $70 bucks, so I don't feel totally ripped off! lol

Posted on Sep 30, 2011 2:07:09 PM PDT
it states 'compatable', not 'required', so Yes dualshock controller is supported :)

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 30, 2011 11:06:21 PM PDT
awesome! i can't wait to play the new levels!

Posted on Oct 18, 2011 7:56:00 AM PDT
Now if only this game will be a successful port and then we will see other ports such as House of the Dead 1-4 and what not. AND the Resident Evil Chronicle games. Buy this new to encourage Sony and Sega to do so!

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 23, 2011 11:47:45 AM PDT
Shawn Clark says:
idk about that, i got in on the ps move test thingy sony did a few weeks before it was released.... all i can say is that i sold ALL the move stuff they sent me. very disappointed... although i feel the same way about kinect, and the wii also at this point, its not even close to ready for prime time.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 28, 2011 1:09:37 AM PDT
shawn,
i finally relented and bought the move setup with the playstation eye. i had higher hopes for the performance, but so far i've only used it with 'hod: overkill,' and i have to say i am a little disappointed. i will also test it out with 'littlebigplanet' and possibly 'heavy rain.' i hope i get used to it and enjoy it more. i hope. but this game does support either the move or the dualshock...so i can always switch back and forth between the two.

Posted on Nov 2, 2011 7:21:11 AM PDT
Anarchy 99 says:
Mindful Consumer, have you tried the "Move" with Resistance 3 or Killzone 3? Simply awesome! It takes a while to get used to the setup on R3 but its soooo fun! I dont own the "Move" yet but my brother does. I went to purchase HOD overkill and the price went up $10.00! Lame, now i have to wait a little bit, i shouldnt have lagged on the purchase and just bought it as now im kicking myself in the a$$! lol

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 6, 2011 8:11:09 PM PST
brian,
i haven't played either of those titles, unfortunately. 'hod: overkill' is the first game i have used the move for. i have found with more use the response gets better.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  9
Total posts:  16
Initial post:  Jul 28, 2011
Latest post:  Nov 6, 2011

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about