Sony BDP-S590 3D Blu-ray Disc Player with Wi-Fi (Black) (2012 Model)
Used & New from: $89.99
will it work with a 7 year old sony Television?
asked by SK on August 2, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 answers
A
SIMPLE ANSWER: NO
phillip answered on March 7, 2013
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes but... One of the cost containment features is that this unit has _only_ HDMI and composite video output, no component or S-video. Composite is only 480i, so you have your choice of any pre-HDMI set with only low-res, or HDMI. So with an pre-HDMI set, you can play Blu-ray, but you won't get anything like Blu-ray quality.
R. Myers answered on December 23, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes...as long as you have the Red, Yellow, & White RCA jacks. Im using mine with a 1980's tube television until I get a modern TV later on down the road. That's why I bought this particular Blu Ray/DVD player.
J. B. Hyde answered on November 23, 2012
Comment (1) | 9 of 9 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It will work with your TV if it has an HDMI port. Otherwise you'll need to use the composite ports on your TV, and you won't get HD video.
indecks answered on October 11, 2012
Comment (1) | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It works with my 23 year old sony trinitron!
Mrich257 answered on August 26, 2012
Comment | 8 of 8 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I read on Consumer Reports that new dvd players might not work on tv's older than 2010. Something about the video output-the dvd players no longer have that feature. Both of our tv's are at least 7 years old or older so we're now looking at new tv's in addition to a dvd player. Our old dvd player is a Sanyo, and I don't think they even make dvd players anymore. It was a great product. I've used it nearly everyday for years. Hope this helps.
Coz answered on August 19, 2012
Comment (1) | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›