i have a windows 7 64 bit but talked to hp on the phone and they sent me the 32 bit disk does the oem builders pac have the drives i need
[UPDATED] asked by twy3106 on July 4, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
I'm thinking not. If you're running Windows 7 64 bit. You might have a conflict
Patrick F. McCormack answered on July 4, 2013
Comment (1) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
If you are absolutely sure that you are running Window 7 64 bit then do not load any drivers from the 32 bit disk! Call HP back and have them send you the 64 bit version of the OEM disk.
Jon C. Anderhub answered on July 4, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes it will work with the 32 bits. if you check your file explorer you will have two Program files ( one for the 64 bit os and one program files(x86) for the 32 bit OS. Besides there are too many software out there done for the 32 bits operating system. It will be a shame to toss them out of the window just because you have an operating system working with 64 bits. 64 is 32x2, it just work a little faster.
Anselme
anselme zinsou answered on July 4, 2013

A
The real issue is which version of Windows you have installed on your PC. I am not sure what you are attempting here, but whatever software/drivers/apps/utilities you are trying to install need to be compatible with your version of Win 7. You may want to ask HP if they have a compatible copy, otherwise Microsoft has a possible solution here; http://support.microsoft.com/kb/895612
Edward Rupe answered on July 4, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I bought a Dell Inspiron 3521 and it came with Windows 8. I always liked XP and had it for 7 years. The Windows 8 was terrible. I told Dell I was upset with them for not offering the Windows 7. I ordered the OEM and my son installed it after he removed the Windows 8. He is a programmer. I could not have installed it. This is what he wrote when I asked him to help with the response:
"Hey Dad, you can respond that it was *not* straightforward performing a fresh install with this OEM disk. If any of the following phrases don't make him feel comfortable: creating bootable USB drives, bootsectors, UEFI Bios, then this option probably isn't the best for him unless he has a friend or family member who can take care of it."
If you are not a programmer, like me, then you need to have someone do it for you who understands this stuff. Good luck!
Lowell Stern answered on July 8, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product