Truck Month Textbook Trade In Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_cbcc_7_fly_beacon $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Beauty Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite UniOrlando Shop Now May4th
asked by Sinasazi on August 24, 2009
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 24 answers
A
Cosmo answered on August 31, 2009
Comment | 5 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Brian J. Buehler answered on August 26, 2009
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Thank you for that. I am also one who refused to get Vista and stuck with XP. I was kind of worried that XP wouldn't be able to upgrade to this but I ordered it anyway.
Cathy L. Krager answered on September 26, 2009

A
I want to install a new larger internal hard drive in my PC & upgrade to windows 7 from XP. Is it worth the $45 dollar difference to buy the full version or should I load XP on the new HD & then the upgrade. I don't mind a little extra headache to save $45 but sometimes it's better to spend the extra bucks for the ease factor. Suggestions, thanks.
Jimmy Ledford answered on May 13, 2010

A
I just bought a new computer and had to replace my software (Office, Corel, etc.). I'm using XP. If I buy the full version of Win 7, the Microsoft site says that I will have to reinstall my programs. Can I use the same key since I'm just putting it back on the same computer? I have 3 licenses. Will I use the second one when I reinstall?
Amazon Customer answered on September 28, 2009
Comment | 2 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
You first need to make sure that you have at least 4GB of RAM in your system to run Windows 7 64bit. This is a recommendation by Microsoft. After that, if you have the hard drive space you shouldn't have an issue. I don't see why you wouldn't be able to use the upgrade version as I've stated before, the full version is for a new install, as the upgrade is for upgrading your current version of windows.
Van answered on August 4, 2010

A
Cosmo,
I have my key code for Vista Home Premium but no original disks. Do I need the original Vista disks to upgrade to Windows 7 or will my key code alone be sufficient? Also, what are the advantages if any to upgrade to any of the other Windows 7 upgrades?
S. Eib answered on December 12, 2009
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
If you have Vista already installed on your computer, you will not need the key codes or the original disks to upgrade.

If you are doing regular home computing and not any business applications, Home Premium should be good enough. The only hiccup could be if you are trying to run XP only programs which are not compatible with Windows 7, then you need to get Windows 7 Professional which has an XP emulator which will keep those old programs running.
John Pamperin answered on December 15, 2009

A
Well you also have to take into account your RAM, I personally recommend at least 3GB minimum for great performance and 4GB to take full advantage of the 64-bit version of Windows 7. If you purchase the full, retail version, I do believe you can install it with the same product key on up to three different computers.
Van answered on May 13, 2010

A
No, you can't. Can install on ONLY 1 computer with the full, retail version!!
ksrp answered on May 22, 2010
‹ Previous   1   2   3   Next ›

See all questions about this product