Work with wireless-G router? Will this product only (try) to extend the range of signals from a wireless-n router or will it work with a wireless-g router as well?
Thanks
asked by K. Kraus on December 26, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-2 of 2 answers
A
vote
I'm using it with a Cisco wireless-g router, and a Cox provided Cisco modem. But I am using it with the included ethernet cord, if that makes any difference to you. The signal wasn't strong enough without it. In all fairness, though, I didn't try to move the extender around a bit to see if it would work better without the cord. I wanted to use my laptop with my TV as a monitor, so it all had to go in one limited space. The g-router is downstairs way on the other side of the house. The signal on my laptop upstairs went from always poor without the extender to always excellent with it. I've only just started using it, however.
Sunday answered on January 21, 2012

A
votes
Yes, it does. My Belkin N10117 is a b/g router and my "refurbished" RE1000 is faithfully extending it. The steel framing of my condominium resulted in only 3 bars in the master bedroom; with the RE1000, I have 5 bars.
Amadeo J. Szaszdi answered on December 1, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›