Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Segway miniPro STEM
asked by M Gerrish on May 19, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-8 of 8 answers
A
...and are you happy with the result? -- Thanks SW -- Regards, MGerrish
M Gerrish answered on May 22, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Sorry but that's PRECISELY what I did and it works juat dandy. Disable WiFi on ATT modem; disable DHCP server on E4200 and assign no conflicting ip to E4200 like 192.168.1.2 and voila works like a champ.
Slick Willie answered on May 27, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes you can but you'll have to disable the WiFi on the DSL Modem/router and let the E4200 handle Wifi for you. That's what I did with my ATT Uverse service.
Slick Willie answered on May 22, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
You didn't mention you have disable DHCP on the Linksys router, I believe it would still work if you set it up as 192.168.0.x and the at&t modem/router as 192.168.1.x.

Anyway, Gerrish can go ahead and give a try, he can always refund it if it doesn't work.

Enjoy the long weekend~

"Yes you can but you'll have to disable the WiFi on the DSL Modem/router and let the E4200 handle Wifi for you. That's what I did with my ATT Uverse service. "
Jack Wong answered on May 27, 2011

A
M Gerrish answered on May 28, 2011

A
I just purchased a GT701D DSL modem to replace my 10 year Westell, and plan to connect it to a new E4200 router I have. Can someone point me to a discussion that will work me through it? So far I have read multiple directions to go and none seem to be the same..
golfin engineer answered on May 30, 2011

A
Get the ref. apple base extreme station.(still 1 year warranty)

Just setup it as up a "bridge" mode in the setting, then you are done.

I don't know why pc-router doesn't has this kind of mode these days when most of the service providers always comes with a modem+cheap router.
Jack Wong answered on May 31, 2011

A
You need a bridge mode router to do it, you can't just disable the wifi from your current modem/router and add another router on it.

I spent more than 5hours to disable the router function on my Verizon FIOS router... finally... I return the Linksys w2500 and go back to Apple base extreme station, same price but so much easier to setup.
Jack Wong answered on May 27, 2011
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product