Best wireless router to use with w/Motorola SB6120 and Comcast Service? Looking to switch from DSL to Cable and the SB6120 seems well regarded. Q-which wireless router are you finding to work well with SB6120. Will be switching from Verizon to Comcast as provider.
asked by Coffee Geek on January 12, 2011
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 20 answers
A
BJ, they were asking for routers and your answer was a modem.
Nemo Nemao answered on September 3, 2011
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I'd strongly recommend a 2.4/5Ghz dual band router if you're looking to be future proof, most crowded areas have dozens of 2.4Ghz Access Points now, and if you can get a 5Ghz device or adapter, you experience a lot less interference (drops, slowed connections, lower signal strength, etc).

Linksys E3200 does this and has a USB port for sharing files and a 4port gigabit ethernet switch if you use a wired connection for any computers. The E2500 has the same wireless capabilities with 100MB ethernet and no USB port for cheaper.

Hopefully this helps anyone who might be trying to make this decision.
Chris K answered on August 12, 2011
Comment | 5 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Hi, I purchased a Belkin N750 dual channel router to connect to my Motorola SB6120(Comcast service) on a recommendation of a store employee. This router broadcasts both channels at the same time while I found some will do the 2.4 or 5 only, but not both. Very easy to setup..almost too easy and the range is awesome. My house is approx 2500 sq ft and I get 4 bars in the furtherst bedroom. 5 bars on a newer laptop. Of cousre to enjoy the dual band router you will need to purchase a dual band usb reciever that Belkin just happens to sell, but this is not mandatory. Even my equipment with G equipment increased in quality of speed and distance. I had a D-Link 655 and had nothing but trouble with constant reboots required due to the wireless just stops broadcasting. The belkin runs very cool and has only one display light(blue) that means everything is ok. It also has QOS. I just can't say enough good things about this router. I was very leary of Belkin, but the store has a 14 day return policy with no restocking fee so i went for it and I'm glad I did! Hope this helps you.
Ray answered on October 19, 2011
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
use any wireless n router.
Jason Hodges answered on May 14, 2011
Comment | 3 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Refering to the Answer Above, Sorry about the typo Erro, The Motorola Docsis 3 Runs about 150 Mbps
BJ answered on May 14, 2011
Comment | 2 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I've just purchased a Motorola SB6120 cable modem and connected to Charter, abandoning my DSL w/AT&T. I love the speed increase, but I'm having to reset the darn thing several times a day - a major pain. My DSL router (also a Motorola, an old one) only had to be reset maybe once a month. On my side the modem is connected to an old Dell Truemobile DS-2300 wireless router. I'm wondering if the problem is on the modem-Charter side or on the modem-router side? It's only the modem that needs to be reset to restore the internet connection.

In another day or two I should have a new Apple Time Capsule to replace the old Dell router. Maybe that will make a difference?
JEff answered on December 12, 2011
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
+1 for the linksys e3200. Dual band wireless N will make a huge difference while streaming HD media.
SF.WRX answered on August 19, 2011
Comment | 2 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Well Acording to My Cable man From Charter, he Claims the Motorola Docsis 3 Cable Modem is superfast like 4 times faster than the usual modems most modems Run about 30 to 45 Mbps the Docsis runs about 15Mbps here is a little information on the Motorola Docsis 3 Cable Modem.
Designed to provide a cost effective, next generation technology to offer a high speed residential or commercial service tier
User-friendly online diagnostics and bonded channel status page
Features a 10/100/1000Base-T Gigabit Port for incredible wired network speeds
Capable of downloading up to 2000 times faster than 56k analog phone modems; up to 4 times faster than DOCSIS 2.0 broadband
Intuitive, easy to read front panel operational status LEDs
Hope this helps Have a Great Day
BJ answered on May 14, 2011
Comment | 3 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Any opinions yet fellas?.... I have the same question, after considering to bail on Qwest DSL and DISH, and change to Comcast Triple-Play for Phone, Highspeed Internet, and Cable.
DAVE MULLER answered on May 4, 2011
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Were you able to resolve your constant cable modem resetting? I ran into the same issue with my SB6120 + ASUS router (flashed w/ Tomato) + Charter, and moved to AT&T U-verse. Now I'm debating moving back to Charter, but would like to know if this is still going to come up again. Thanks.
lazeekat answered on June 17, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product