how do you hook up the wires to a pioneer avh-x2500bt in a 2002 ford f-350 it did not come with instructions
[UPDATED] asked by michael on January 2, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 answers
A
votes
Run your wires along the frame of the vehicle tie with cable ties and pass it through the firewall, at a rubber boot that existing wires go through ,then hook them to the monitor. The camera is hooked to the backup light wire on the truck by a pinch on connector then hook up the ground wire to any solid ground screw or bolt.
Amazon Customer answered on January 2, 2013

A
votes
There are two ways to connect this camera 1) only works in reverse or 2) The preferred way works in reverse and when you choose to see it on screen. I am going to choose option 2 : connect the rear camera to ignition power and ground. Since you have to go to the back of the stereo anyways you can tap the red wire to the red wire of the deck and the black wire to the black wire of the deck. the rca connect to the rear view in on the radio. Now the tricky part. there is a purple with white stripe wire on the back of the deck. This wire goes to the reverse light of the vehicle ( which can be found under the dash) because you did NOT tell us the year of the f-350, I cannot give you specifics on the color of the wire or location. You can send me a private message on FB (StereoKingPDX )and I can get you the location and color of the wire
James answered on January 2, 2013

A
vote
You will need extra wire as the don't give you long enough wire and you may need an adapter plug for your receiver. Bestbuy installed it for me even though I did not purchase it there.
April Waldman Slone answered on January 2, 2013

A
votes
You should have a yellow RCA cable on the radio and then you connect the red cable to the + on the reverse light and the black to ground.
Laurido92 answered on January 2, 2013

A
votes
The head unit should have a power wire specifically for a back up camera at the head unit just splice the red wire to that and the video on the head uint should also have a dedicated back up camera input i spliced the power wire near the camera itself into my driverside reverse light lucky for me toyota arent duches and the power wire was accualy red unlike some older model fords i have worked on where any wire can be any color if you take off your tail light and look at the wire you can see which.one you need to splice the power for the camera to. I hope this helped let me know.
bigg7985 answered on January 2, 2013

A
votes
I did not hook it to a stereo, but you should only have to hook the yellow video wire to your video input and hook the other wires (black and red) to the reverse light positive and negative wires. Those will have to be spliced in. I hope this helps.
D. Sosniak answered on January 2, 2013

A
vote
On your Pioneer, (like my AVIC X930BT) your backup/reverse cam input is going to be the brown one...not the yellow input which is for external DVD players, video game systems, etc. And make sure the red wire on this end is spliced to the purple? wire (with white stripe?...I can't remember the color) on your Pioneer's harness. This voltage signal tells your Pioneer headunit that your camera is on 'right this minute' and to show the image now. If there is a black wire on this end, then you should spliced that into your black grounds.

The positive red wire signal comes from the entire length of your camera's cord going to the back reverse light (you choose which side light to use, left or right) and gets power when your white reverse light comes on. On this back end of your truck your red wire is going to be spliced with your reverse light's positive wire and the black wire is going to be spliced with the reverse light's negative wire. The positive wire of your reverse light may not necessarily be red and the negative not necessarily black. In my Lexus, the wires were both green, but the positive one had a dashed white line along the side of it.
Ray L. Perry III answered on January 2, 2013

A
vote
The equipment purchased from Amazon did not work I got to buy another. recommend a technician for installing your camera
JOSE CASTELLANOS answered on January 28, 2013

A
votes
plis un tecnical electric
JOSE CASTELLANOS answered on January 28, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›