Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Goo-goo Dolls Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Grocery The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation
how do you hook up the wires to a pioneer avh-x2500bt in a 2002 ford f-350 it did not come with instructions
[UPDATED] asked by michael on January 2, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 answers
A
Run your wires along the frame of the vehicle tie with cable ties and pass it through the firewall, at a rubber boot that existing wires go through ,then hook them to the monitor. The camera is hooked to the backup light wire on the truck by a pinch on connector then hook up the ground wire to any solid ground screw or bolt.
Amazon Customer answered on January 2, 2013
Comment | 5 of 5 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
James answered on January 2, 2013
Comments (4) | 7 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
You should have a yellow RCA cable on the radio and then you connect the red cable to the + on the reverse light and the black to ground.
Laurido92 answered on January 2, 2013
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The head unit should have a power wire specifically for a back up camera at the head unit just splice the red wire to that and the video on the head uint should also have a dedicated back up camera input i spliced the power wire near the camera itself into my driverside reverse light lucky for me toyota arent duches and the power wire was accualy red unlike some older model fords i have worked on where any wire can be any color if you take off your tail light and look at the wire you can see which.one you need to splice the power for the camera to. I hope this helped let me know.
bigg7985 answered on January 2, 2013
Comment | 3 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Ray L. Perry III answered on January 2, 2013
Comment (1) | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I did not hook it to a stereo, but you should only have to hook the yellow video wire to your video input and hook the other wires (black and red) to the reverse light positive and negative wires. Those will have to be spliced in. I hope this helps.
Desiree answered on January 2, 2013

A
You will need extra wire as the don't give you long enough wire and you may need an adapter plug for your receiver. Bestbuy installed it for me even though I did not purchase it there.
April answered on January 2, 2013

A
93 Lexus LS 400
Amazon Customer answered on March 23, 2016
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I do not know the answer to that.SORRY DUDE
Gail Clemens answered on May 2, 2016
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The equipment purchased from Amazon did not work I got to buy another. recommend a technician for installing your camera
JOSE CASTELLANOS answered on January 28, 2013
Comment | 1 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product