I was wondering if this camera is good for manual shooting or more of point and shoot? How can you tell? I am new to this, but want a good quality camera that is good with action photos, children, weddings, outdoors and indoors.
[UPDATED] asked by CiC on March 31, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
votes
This camera is both. I actually have taken photography glasses and the photographer showed me how to shoot in manual and auto. I actually have two canon slr cameras. This one is much better and far more advanced than my older canon. If you wanna be lazy the auto is fine but when you want to get creative the manual settings are there for you also.
Whois1145 answered on March 31, 2013

A
votes
This camera will grow with you as well as you with it. It will be great for "point and shoot" (automatic) pics and as you learn more about photography it will be VERY useful and adequately powerful (manual)...you will not regret a purchase of this camera. BTW - A dslr is VERY good at low light pics.
Pirate Morgan answered on March 31, 2013

A
votes
I haven't had the camera for a long time, but I'd say it can act like a point-n-shoot if you want it to. The photos will turn out better if you learn some of the more advanced non-auto functions. It also takes excellent video if opt for the more expensive 135mm STM lens.
Neil Perry answered on March 31, 2013

A
votes
Canon 4ti is an excellent all around camera for beginner to semi-pro photographer. It can point & shoot and or adjust to AV, TV, M, Macro, sport, close-up and more. If u going to buy one I'd highly recommend it. It does it all.
JLee
jim lee answered on April 1, 2013

A
votes
I personally use my T4i to shoot weddings on glide track mainly because of it's extremely useful flip out touch screen. Like Dave Dugdale says (look him up on youtube specifically his T4i testing video) you get great use of that flip out touch screen. The screen itself has the option to tap and take photos. Dave talks about the burst speed which is slightly better than the other Rebels. There is also another video where a man takes this Rebel to a carnival and shoots images such as pig races using it's 5 frames/sec burst rate. So, yes I believe it is a great camera for beginners in action photos, children, weddings, outdoors and indoors.
nezimon answered on April 1, 2013
‹ Previous   1   Next ›