Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Lori Mckenna Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports
asked by Dulcinea on March 30, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 44 answers
A
Tiffany Thai answered on January 27, 2013
Comments (3) | 15 of 16 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
My roku 2 and Comcast combo have been working perfectly for me since the roku 2 came out! Also, I have several roku models dating back to the very first model and never had any issues!

Also remember, Comcast doesn't want you to know how good this does work, because you'll do what I did and get rid of your Comcast cable service!
Colonel Lingus answered on April 25, 2012
Comment | 13 of 15 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have a answer that worked for me!!!

OK, so I have a roku 3 and xfinity router Software Version:3.0.4.0.6_T2

I had to disable network pings, to do that you have to first make sure your roku is up to date. You might have to connect to a different network. Then do this key combo on the remote: home x5, FF, play , REW, play FF

Then you will be in the platform secret screen. Then disable network pings.

Note: I did all this while connected to Ethernet. I also disabled the firewall on the xfinity router.
Pearce Aurigemma answered on March 19, 2013
Comments (2) | 6 of 7 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I found out on the comcast help forums that the Roku XDS is compatible (for those who posted). If I do buy it, I'll have to watch my usage. With that 250GB per month cap, I understand it can come fast when you combine netflix with hulu plus. I won't be able to use the Roku without getting a converter for the HDMI/component and a 3 to 1 cable adapter. Will keep you posted.
Mostlee answered on March 31, 2012
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I was wondering that too. I have Xfinity (Comcast) Performance Internet Service including "Powerboost" and using my own Surfboard SB6120 Modem. Which do you have?
Mostlee answered on March 30, 2012
Comment | 2 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Same here. I have Comcast standard Internet service with the Blast HSI feature.

This service level consistently delivers at least 25Mbps download speed from local servers and at least 10Mbps download speed from servers 3 thousand mile away.

I have hooked the Roku 2 XS player up with an ethernet cable through my Netgear WGR614v6 router with Firmware Version V2.0.19_1.0.19NA and the playback quality is excellent.

The Roku also works flawlessly in its wireless mode, which is the way I am using it now. The Roku player has software version 4.7 - build 2049.
One-Shot Scot answered on June 12, 2012

A
This is from Roku support I just bought one at Costco last night.Bummer
LathaI am really sorry for the inconvenience.

12:31 pm I regret to inform that our Roku player is not compatible with the Xfinity router. Comcat and Roku is working on it.

So that the reason you are getting connectivity issue.
Bee Square answered on August 18, 2012

A
cyberrian answered on April 24, 2013
Comment (1) | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have comcast and it works great EXCEPT it does not allow HBO on the Go for the box.
J. Mells answered on May 15, 2013

A
I got it to work .... I gave the Roku a reserved IP ... made the IP a trusted site under parental controls and disabled all blocking ... woo hoo !!!
budh200x answered on July 11, 2013
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   Next ›

See all questions about this product