Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 (10.1-Inch, Wi-Fi) 2012 Model
Used & New from: $145.99
Why I won't buy another Samsung tablet/phone I own the original Samsung Tab 10.1 still running Android Honeycomb 3.2. I also own the original Samsung Galaxy S Vibrant running Android Froyo 2.2. Samsung is just horrible when it comes to updates. I doubt I will get any updates for my smartphone but I'm still waiting to get Ice Cream Sandwich update for my Tab.

I think you guys should know what to expect. Samsung keeps developing new products but once you buy it they simply don't care about you. They are too busy developing and selling new products and they have no time to care about their current customers.

You guys should wait for new tablets coming from Asus. They seem to keep their tablets up to date.
[UPDATED] asked by BD on May 15, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-9 of 9 answers
A
If you look online, you see that Samsung has announced the ICS is available for the 10.1 now.
TEQ answered on May 19, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It is still not available, they have been announcing it for a while...
BD answered on May 20, 2012

A
I agree with BD, that's why I just took my Tab back to ----co after 80 days and bought a iPad 2. Now I am totally happy.
Westintheeast answered on May 22, 2012
Comment | 0 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
The ICS update for Tab 10.1 will be postponed.(Maybe it's in July or Aug)
H answered on May 30, 2012

A
Agree with BD!!!

I own the first/original Samsung Galaxy S phone that ATT introduced (the Captivate). I had to sit back and watch Samsung put out new phones with the most up-to-date OS and completely forgot about the people who bought their original phone, the ones who said nothing but good things to lift sales and the ones who helped make their "S" line what it is now. Samsung delivered updates but made it so difficult to receive. Oh, did I mention that the update erased all my data on my phone? Did I even have a choice or did anyone warm me that it would completely reset my phone?? Nope.
Das Wunderkind answered on May 31, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
There were many announcements and many dates mentioned. It always gets postponed. Sorry Samsung but i'm done with you!
BD answered on May 31, 2012

A
I have a Samsung EPIC (sprint) and have the most current OS. All the updayes seem to come in a timely fassiion and when they do there has been no issue at all with it erasing the phone at all. I love it and am looking into the Samsung tabs now.
Eric answered on June 6, 2012

A
Samsung Epic runs 2.3.x firmware. Aka Android Gingerbread released Dec 6th 2010. As I said if you care about new features and bug fixes do not get Samsung.
BD answered on June 15, 2012
Comments (2) | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
In your experience they care.... In my experience they could give a.. less.... I bought a Asus laptop 2 yrs 3mo ago... Would you like to know where it is.... sent out for more repairs.... Thanks to Best Buy Black Tie Protection..... So I know the hard drive crashed... but that is not all the motherboard has issues along with the touch pad, fan, and cmos battery... oh yea the disk drive was also making loud noises.... Here's the kicker... 30 days after purchase the cmost battery begins not functioning properly... take it back... took the hard drive out and put in another machine... 16 days later the new machine is doing the same thing... of course I can't return it for a refund now... Asus offered no assistance other than send it to them to "inspect" with a turn around of 2-6 weeks... They have never been of any assistance through the constant issues over the last 2.3 yrs if torture.... No sending it to them was not an option as I am a student with a home based business that could neither afford to be without or buy another. Well when I took it in for service... I was told that particular model had over a 50% return rate which started with the same issue... faulty cmos battery.... do you think Asus acknowledged that fact or even considered it... not on your life..... I will never buy else by ASUS.... oh I failed to mention.... I also had a wireless headset purchased about 3 mo later for a long distance trip.... they died 4 mos. ago.... they didn't make it to the age of 2 yrs... PS check Consumer Reports.... see where Asus is ranked... mostly behind Samsung....
Dec.Firefly answered on July 29, 2012
‹ Previous   1   Next ›