Will this work with an iMac 24-inc, Early 2009 model, 2.66 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo?
asked by T. Myres on October 31, 2012
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 11 answers
A
The memory I bought for my mac mini will not work in an iMac 24-inc.The Ram speed I bought was 1333 MHz . I did a fast check in Google for the spec of the iMac 24 early 2009 and its memory's speed is slower or 1066 MHz. Before you buy ram memory, check Apple's specs for your machine. This is what I did when I bought my memory. If you buy the wrong memory it could damage your machine so be careful.I did see inexpensive memory for your machine,but, again double check before you buy any memory.GK mentioned 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM and this seems to be correct, again double check.
Louis answered on October 31, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Read Entire Message:
I am not sure, I was confused by this as well. I wanted to know if it worked on PC or Mac, so I called Crucial and they did a cross reference and it seems to work for both...HOWEVER, it does depend on the model numbers. You can not cross reference this yourself on their website because the stock number on Crucial and the stock number given on Amazon are different, but they are the same product (sometimes).
My suggestion is to call Crucial and ask them. look for number on their site or this is number I called: 800-336-8915.
Note: They are very kind and the price that is given on Amazon is the best. Good Luck!
F T. A. answered on November 1, 2012
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
iMAC 24-inc supports upto 4GB (two 2GB SO-DIMMs) of 1066MHz DDR3 SDRAM; supports up to 8GB. So it should work
gk answered on October 31, 2012
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Yes.
freedevil answered on October 31, 2012

A
http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3911?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US
freedevil answered on October 31, 2012

A
According to the Apple website (http://support.apple.com/kb/HT3911), this memory meets the specifications required for your computer. However, I take no responsibility for the information provided.
clue1019 answered on October 31, 2012

A
As others have pointed out it SHOULD work, but Apple hardware is sometimes very picky about the RAM. The nice thing is Amazon has a great return policy if it doesn't work!
Darren O'Neill answered on October 31, 2012

A
It should you need to look up your computer specs and see if it can hold 8 Gigs of Ram.
Richard E. Sherman answered on October 31, 2012

A
Yes.
Sam answered on October 31, 2012

A
not sure, but suggest go visit crucial website they have the software to run on your pc for compatible models.
Kenny Kong answered on October 31, 2012
‹ Previous   1   2   Next ›

See all questions about this product